FFF's Million Dollar Fish tips

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: FFF's Million Dollar Fish tips

Post by Matt Flynn »

Whats the correct etiquette if your deckie catches a tagged fish 50/50 split??
Fast acceleration when he is peeing off the transom.

ADRNLN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ADRNLN »

Roshanbo
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Not a bad plug For Crab Claw. Other then that the article.is poorly written and has no real substance. poop I caught another tagged fish the other day. It wasn't red so it wasn't dead. Really if there going to do a story on every tagged fisg caught between now and February they are going to be busy
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

That's what the whole show( Million Dollar Fish ) is about but Brendon ,avertising/promoting the Northern Territory by fishing competition
They are probably hoping a few $10,000- fish get caught and make headines all around the country and world,cheap advertising really unless the million dollar fish gets caught
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

I get that Shaggs and I hope they get caught also, the advertising will be great.
But the tags are red. So if you get one you will know. Not going back and talking.it up for hours. There is no story in that really. It's just a wind up by the media for nothing really. That's my point.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

The timing of the competition means that locals will be in the best position to catch tagged fish.

In the build-up and wet unless outsiders want to try the least accessible times during the wet and early runoff.

Don't be surprised if the competition extends after end Feb if few tagged fish are caught.

Yes the promotion for the NT overall is certainly great. Lots of different businesses will benefit.

If it is extended past Feb the impact will be even greater to coincide with max outsider access to all the areas.
Regards
Ronje
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I think it is a great idea. But I am surprised that with 30,000 or so entries, the tackle shops are saying very few southerners have lobbed for the first week. Thought that out of 30,000, of which a large percentage were southern entries, there would have been more.

This is of course great news for locals!
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

G'day guys just some clarification on the Million Dollar Fish Competition from NT Tourism.

1. There are 76 tags that have all been assigned prizes to them (75 x $10k and 1 x $1m). These have been verified by the courier company and Crownbet legal teams.

2.They do not change in value and which ever tag number caught will then coincide with the prize value that we have assigned to that tag number.

3. So, only 1 x $1m tag is out there and it’s just a matter of finding that one lucky tag.

P.S. Each of the tags only has their number on it, not whether it is the $1m or the $10k prize value, NT Tourism reveals the prize value to the winner once they have verified the tag number and validity of their registration 
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

HI Tristan

Are they going to release how many tagged fish have been released into the designated areas at all?
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

No Brendan, not exact numbers for the areas.....though if I was looking to catch one I would be trying Darwin or Bynoe harbour ;)
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

All gone from Darwin Harbour hahaha
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jpb15 »

ronje wrote:Don't be surprised if the competition extends after end Feb if few tagged fish are caught
I hope they just make all of the Red Tags worth $ 1000, for ever, after the end of the Competition.

Next Year, they change to Blue, then Green, etc, and all of the Competition Tags are worth $ 1000.

We did manage to catch a plain old Yellow Tag this morning :bricks:

But the thought of maybe the next one, might be Red, was continually on our mind.
Sick of coming home Fishless
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Did you phone the yellow tag in jpb15?......while not quite $10k you do get a free lure
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jpb15 »

Yes, by email to Afant.
Sick of coming home Fishless
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

2.They do not change in value and which ever tag number caught will then coincide with the prize value that we have assigned to that tag number.

3. So, only 1 x $1m tag is out there and it’s just a matter of finding that on
Crikey, that's not what the Tourism NT organiser told me, he said it depended how the computer spat out the tag number on the day, and there was therefore no specific Million Dollar tag. If the above quote is true then either the organiser was arse-about with his explanation or they have changed the game, it is not my interpretation of his words that is at fault.

His explanation makes sense as tagging and releasing a single Million Dollar fish would require a huge amount of trust.