Post by Anon »

Plenty on my sounder yesterday.

Trout
Tuna
Grey mack's
Spotted mack's
Spanish mack's
Trickies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: no fish on my sounder??

Post by Richieboy »

So.....tell me what this looks like on the sounder. Pic to follow soon..... :roll:
Richie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad KEEN!
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Definitely a stingray richieboy..

That's a cracking screen shot.
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Another couple from a mates HDS10

Nice crop sitting low and a barra sitting a little higher up casting a wicked shadow.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

So.....tell me what this looks like on the sounder. Pic to follow soon..... :roll:
Richie
Looks like a nice big barra to me? Head facing to the left of the screen. Did you catch it Richie?
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

maxpower wrote:
Richie
Looks like a nice big barra to me? Head facing to the left of the screen. Did you catch it Richie?
This pic was sent to me on Friday from a good freind who I fished with regularly back in QLD. This particular fish along with around 4 others of similar size were sounded up in about 15ft of water in Stanage Bay CQ. They could clearly be seen as individual fish on the downscan. His first cast resulted in a meter plus of chrome erupting and spitting his plastic back into his face.
Subsequent readjustment and stingers rigged he proceeded to pull two more fish from the school, before landing the biggest on a 15ft Lethal cranked down to depth.
If your set up and pallete selection is correct it isnt too hard to identify fish. We've sounded up Fingermark, Threadies and barra in the past and can discern the difference with the zoom function.

Richie
Mad KEEN!
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Nice stuff RB! Any tips on what palletes, etc you run with? Just got my first sidescan and not sure where to begin? There's a bit of differing advice out there.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Oh, I forgot. This is what the sounder shot I posted on the previous page resulted in. All caught on Gulps. Along with a sh!tload of pesky GTs.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Massive barra! Nice work.
rumluck
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by rumluck »

Well on my groote trip the sounder proved itself. Slowed the ping speed to 18 I think and started finding good fish. Hopefully not a coincidence. As for sidescan I just looked harder and zoomed in on "white dots" to show a fishy shape. No real clear cast shadows tho. Id like to think I converted a few too. Cheers all.