FFF's Million Dollar Fish tips

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

FFF's Million Dollar Fish tips

Post by Matt Flynn »

These tips were derived from info found on a hard-to-read note scrawled on a screwed up piece of paper that smelt of pilchards ...

***Fish Darwin Harbour
***As many as 30 tagged barra might be in the harbour
***The fish have red tags
***The Million Dollar tag number changes every day, so it is not possible to predict where the major prize winner is located
***A big barra in the Daly might be among the tagged fish
***The Roper River has a few tagged fish
***On Wednesday two tagged barra were released at Channel Island by the Chief Minister
***All the tagged barra are above legal size so they can be retained

Good luck, I hope a FFFer scores :mrgreen:

smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: FFF's Million Dollar Fish tips

Post by smed »

I didn't put a dent in the kitty today. Tried Channel Island expecting a congo line...... nobody there. Trolled all day. Couple of touches early outgoing & that was it. The highlight was the new prop.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Bad luck smed.

I note Cuddles was hanging out with the top Brass as the last Barra was released yesterday. Don't suppose he slipped a little sat tag in its gob....
Gregsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Gregsy »

So it's possible that all 76 fish are caught but none on the specific day that they are the "MDF" so chances are very small that it the M$ will be won..
DanOz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DanOz »

Is the "MDF" tag going to be published daily??? Only way that it could stop scepticism if you caught a tagged fish.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Yes agree DanOz. If it was run that way this is the only way it could be made to have clarity and not be rigged! Oh and there is a 75cm fish in Corroboree with a tag. It was re-caught 3 days ago and released again! Lo
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

Just out of interest Cuddles.......where are you fishing in the Corroboree round?
DanOz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DanOz »

Cheers for info cc, have plans to head to the bong on Saturday!!

Mary Swanson: Not good.
Lloyd Christmas: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary Swanson: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd Christmas: So you're telling me there's a chance... YEAH!
barratrooper1
Seadog
Seadog

Post by barratrooper1 »

I reckon ive caught a lot of barra.
Ive never caught a tagged one.
Ive caught tagged marlin, kingfish, even a rainbow runner, I reckon the MDF is safe from me!
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

DanOz wrote:Is the "MDF" tag going to be published daily??? Only way that it could stop scepticism if you caught a tagged fish.
Well that wouldn't work, I catch a tagged fish today and don't register it until my tag number comes up as the MDF.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Only ever caught 1 tagged Barra and it had been at Liberty for 2year
ADRNLN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ADRNLN »

Just a query
25.c/d what if you don't have reception or have the ability to 'send or upload' a photo for verification? Do have to then keep the fish alive till you can?
I know i'm looking at a pipe dream but details are details with big competitions like this

25. The Prize Claim Verification process shall include and require the Entrant to meet the following requirements (Claim):-
a. The Entrant must not remove the CrownBet Fish Tag until all photographs are taken as set out in Clause 26b and the photographs have been verified as readable by InfoFish. If the CrownBet Fish Tag is covered in algae, please remove the algae from the CrownBet Fish Tag before proceeding with photographs.
b. The Entrant must take a photograph of the fish and CrownBet Fish Tag in a manner compliant with the sample photographs set-out on the Website. Sample photographs can be accessed on http://www.milliondollarfish.com.au. There are three key photographs required. The Entrant must not clean, gut or scale the fish prior to taking the photographs and must leave the CrownBet Fish Tag in place when taking the photographs. (1). One photograph must clearly display the front of the fish. (2). One photograph must be taken of the fish on a fish mat, or alongside a ruler or alongside a tape measure to clearly display the length of the fish and be laid out in a manner to display the fish tag. (3). One close-up photo of the CrownBet Fish Tag to verify the tag number is also required.
c. The Entrant must telephone 1800 077 001 and quote the unique code on the CrownBet Fish Tag to register the Claim and to verify the Cash Prize Value (if any).
d. The Entrant must send or upload the photographs of the fish to [email protected] for verification by InfoFish.
e. If verification of the fish is granted in accordance with Clause 26, the Entrant may remove the fish tag and dispose of the fish. The Entrant must then retain the tag for final verification in accordance with Clause 27.
f. The Entrant is responsible for delivery of the CrownBet Fish Tag for final verification in accordance with Clause 27 to the courier company’s Darwin based office: Level 1, 76 the Esplanade, Darwin. The Entrant can contact the courier company via http://www.milliondollarfish.com.au to assist with their Claim.
g. the courier company representatives will undertake verification using a custom RFID reader in accordance with Clause 27.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

seano wrote:Only ever caught 1 tagged Barra and it had been at Liberty for 2year
That's funny. I have caught 4 barra with tags and all of them were at Liberty for 2 years between initial capture and recapture. All fish were recaptured within 5km of the tag point.
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jpb15 »

We have caught many fish, my Brother, my father and I, in the last 5 years, we have probably caught 6 or 7 fish, including 1 fish my brother caught at look back creek, below Elizabeth Creek, and I caught the same fish 6 Weeks later at No fish creek.
All of our fishing is at the Daly, which probably helps.
Unless we are desperate, we always let them go if they are tagged.

I have decided, if I/We, are lucky enough to hook one of these fish, I am going to try and keep it alive, and let him live at home.
Sick of coming home Fishless
NofishNT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NofishNT »

ADRNLN wrote:Just a query
25.c/d what if you don't have reception or have the ability to 'send or upload' a photo for verification? Do have to then keep the fish alive till you can?
I know i'm looking at a pipe dream but details are details with big competitions like this

25. The Prize Claim Verification process shall include and require the Entrant to meet the following requirements (Claim):-
a. The Entrant must not remove the CrownBet Fish Tag until all photographs are taken as set out in Clause 26b and the photographs have been verified as readable by InfoFish. If the CrownBet Fish Tag is covered in algae, please remove the algae from the CrownBet Fish Tag before proceeding with photographs.
b. The Entrant must take a photograph of the fish and CrownBet Fish Tag in a manner compliant with the sample photographs set-out on the Website. Sample photographs can be accessed on http://www.milliondollarfish.com.au. There are three key photographs required. The Entrant must not clean, gut or scale the fish prior to taking the photographs and must leave the CrownBet Fish Tag in place when taking the photographs. (1). One photograph must clearly display the front of the fish. (2). One photograph must be taken of the fish on a fish mat, or alongside a ruler or alongside a tape measure to clearly display the length of the fish and be laid out in a manner to display the fish tag. (3). One close-up photo of the CrownBet Fish Tag to verify the tag number is also required.
c. The Entrant must telephone 1800 077 001 and quote the unique code on the CrownBet Fish Tag to register the Claim and to verify the Cash Prize Value (if any).
d. The Entrant must send or upload the photographs of the fish to [email protected] for verification by InfoFish.
e. If verification of the fish is granted in accordance with Clause 26, the Entrant may remove the fish tag and dispose of the fish. The Entrant must then retain the tag for final verification in accordance with Clause 27.
f. The Entrant is responsible for delivery of the CrownBet Fish Tag for final verification in accordance with Clause 27 to the courier company’s Darwin based office: Level 1, 76 the Esplanade, Darwin. The Entrant can contact the courier company via http://www.milliondollarfish.com.au to assist with their Claim.
g. the courier company representatives will undertake verification using a custom RFID reader in accordance with Clause 27.
Any answer to this? How do you achieve this at locations where the Barra have been released. Shady, Daly, Corroboree, Tiwi's? Unless you're in the harbour your not going to win!
Maybe an email to the Chief Min from a few members would get an answer, or a tip-off to the Labour Party :lol: