New Honda

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New Honda

Post by scottmac »

Fark! You guys are dampening my spirits a bit. Yammi to expensive, I predominantly fish shallow rivers, so Suzi no good and Honda has warranty and parts problems!

Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

I am going down on wednesday to talk to a few dealers so will let you guys know how i get on.
Honda 7 yr warranty is tied to Honda dealers only but it is australia wide and they seem to have pretty good coverage.
I am not a fan of Mercs but havent owned a new one. A few of my mates have Suzi's and rekon they are ok.
I do like yammi but am not payin 1800 to fit.Stay tuned
Edo
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

At Territory Marine I bought a brand new ETEC 150 HO end of 09. Spent nearly all of the first year back at territory marine workshop with gearbox and injector problems. They kept telling me nothing was wrong with it. Over and over. IT was normal. I am a FIFO worker and every break it came out and went back in at the end of every break. I was the laughing stock of all my peers who all had yam's or hon's. I was ready to unbolt the piece of shite and drop it on the floor through the front door. A hell of a lot of arguing and heated discussions many times, finally got a new set of injectors and 2 new gearbox's later ( both blew up ) under warranty. Cracked lower cowling that they cracked and wont replace.
Since then it has run like a dream with over 1000hrs on her now. Never going back there again. The outboard is just the outboard and all the good brands - they are all about on par with each other. All have good and bad points.
It is the back up and dealers up here the truly stuff it up for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get more info and support ringing dealers down south for advice.
All of the territory dealerships need to wake up to themselves.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Has anyone priced the new Yami F130a up here? The only price I can find on the net is in Brisbane. $15,457 but that doesn't include prop, harness, side control box and gauges. They quote fitting as between $500-$750! Bit different than $1800!
Gagey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gagey »

I'll stick to my evenrudes thanks you.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Not necessarily the dealers fault this time. Couldnt get action from honda
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

The honda dealer hasn't been to bad to me in recent times. They have removed one of the major problem employee's and lifted their game a bit. We ordered parts and got them with in a week. Every time I walk in for service gear its in store ect and willing to give advice on how to do it your self if you choose. A lot of other paces haven't been so forth giving with that info. They even offered to loan the special tool required.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

The local Honda dealer does good work but he is very unreliable with timelines. As for the product, my Honda has been faultless.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

I also like the Honda but the dealer here has turned me right off of their product............I went in their to have a look at a Surtees once and was told to not bother him until I had the cash............well I spent 50k + CASH on another better boat so fark him!
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Haha.......cmon guys its Darwin businesses don't you know they are doing you a favour just taking your money!
No matter where you go, there you are!
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

If you are buying a new boat it should be a happy place kind of thing but the Honda dealer up here turned it into a nightmare. Ironically Seajay's are a top boat in my opinion and should sell themselves. Hell, I persevered with the bs to get mine and I'm not exactly know for tolerating fools. If they made it a nice easy thing their boats would be like Cockcroaches up here but most blokes end up putting it in the too hard basket.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Dont go for a test ride!!! :twisted:
trevor schultz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by trevor schultz »

Hondas are slugs haha :lol: go the suzi you will never look back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Edo wrote:I am going down on wednesday to talk to a few dealers so will let you guys know how i get on.
Honda 7 yr warranty is tied to Honda dealers only but it is australia wide and they seem to have pretty good coverage.
I am not a fan of Mercs but havent owned a new one. A few of my mates have Suzi's and rekon they are ok.
I do like yammi but am not payin 1800 to fit.Stay tuned
Edo
How'd ya go mate?
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Cant go wrong with any jap outboard. Yami, suzi and honda. Can understand why people have issues with certain people but not the product
Lol @ nomad, nah mate that issue has been taken care of
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne