Second outing in new boat

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Cap'n Snapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Second outing in new boat

Post by Cap'n Snapper »

Taking the new boat out, 4:89 Stacer, to Leaders creek on W.E. Maiden voyage last W.E. to middle arm just to see what it would/could do.
Am impressed with hydraulic steering, Evo 2 hull. Never had a pod on back either. Pushes along nicely with 60 HP Merc on back.
Thinking about crabbing and fishing the jew hole near mouth. See how it goes and post up some pics when back.:D

fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Second outing in new boat

Post by fff1964 »

Big tides plan your trip.............
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

What FFF1964 said. Like on Saturday you wont be able to get back to the ramp between 1400-1620 as it will be too low for the rock bar. Launching wont be a problem if you plan on doing it during the morning daylight hours. Sunday its 1450-1730. I work on 2.4m of tide but have got through there on 2.2m of water but at that height there will only be about 50cm of water and you will need to winch your boat onto the trailer
Cap'n Snapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cap'n Snapper »

Cheers fella's for advice. looking at Sunday and shall watch those rock bars. How is old mate at Leaders does he still offer to drop you in with tractor for some coin? I heard he was a bit crook with Ross River or something, would like to support him.
ambush
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambush »

cap n snapper, the last I heard Brian isn't launching anymore, until his Ribs and foot is better too. Apparently the $20 covers you for the secure parking. But i could be wrong, give them a call (Brian and Ann) on 8983 5009
Cap'n Snapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cap'n Snapper »

Cheers, have had a change of heart and venue for W.E. Going to Shoal bay, I know that area a bit better. get up those creeks and maybe cruise rock bars on the way. Haven't done much trolling there whats the go? Deep divers trolled slowly? Softies any good for a flick?

There are deep hole holes at mouth of kings creek and around "the rock" (according to FFF bible). Will be locked in and try live baiting in some of the holes. Have had some success previously, not consistently. Shall put up some pics.
Cap'n Snapper
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cap'n Snapper »

Across to Shoal bay and set some crab pots while we head up the creeks to flick lure and Scamper came along. Worked hard for little live bait and soaked a couple. he had his son in law in his boat to catch two barra, he dropped one as about to bring net under and other came in at around 65 cms.

I caught a p o w e r t a i l with an ugly head the size of a football. no barra interested. Put rods down and decided to head to check pots and a 60-70 cm barra jumped about 2 m from boat teasingly at us. Fark........... and I had been working this log with a little bomber Reidy lure for 10-15 minutes.... that's fishing.

Others boys out fished us, we out crabbed them just with two good solid keepers. calm trip across and back home the bay. Good long day out :) Boat did everything it was told. Got to rewire the trailer as right indicators out and wiring brittle from age and being dunked. better now that way out somewhere and have to come home without lights.