Clowns at local boatramps

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Clowns at local boatramps

Post by shaggs »

Had the b@st@rds unhook the trailer hitch from the tow ball and left it sitting on the ball with the release handle up tonight at East arm boat ramp
Nearly impaled my son on the boat hitch when the trailer lifted up and pushed forward as I was driving the boat on
Farked a brand new prop 2 days old
The cops need to set up a sting and get these pr..ks before someone gets seriously injured or worse still killed when their boat comes off going down the road at 100 kph
Definately going to set up the trail cam next trip and there will be some back street justice if I catch the pr..ks
It's been going on for too long and it's just downright dangerous

The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Clowns at local boatramps

Post by Hemi »

That's seriously farked..!!

These days I have a hitch pin lock, safety chain padlock, coupling lever padlock and a coupling lock...
4 bl..dy locks around the one spot to stop fuktards messing with my gear... Mental.

Not to mention, car camera, car alarm, text/email alert & gps tracking ...!

all for 3 Goldie's.... Pfft..!
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I really get the 5hits when i hear about this stuff. Like you say, someone will get killed when a trailer spears down the road. Why cant people just leave things alone
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Did you have a clip on the hitch lock holding it in? The angles of boat ramps can cause the hitches to release under pressure, not saying someone didn't mess with your stuff, just that hitches need to be locked in. A mate of mine couldn't get up his driveway without the hitch jumping unless he had it locked in and I have had an instance in the past where a hitch jumped after we stopped for a load check on the way to Dundee.
Cheers,
John.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Yep, its sad. I also have a pin lock and coupling lock. Also made a habit of giving my trailer a once over checking that wheel nuts are on tight also
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

They pulled the R clip out and we couldn't see or find it
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

My mate had some trouble down there last week, he took the winch handle off the trailer and left it in the boot of the car. It was the only door that didn't lock, and you guessed it someone opened the boot and took it. Ended up wrecking the prop getting the boat onto the trailer by going about it the wrong way...
smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by smed »

I had the pin removed from my tow bar early last year. I'd only just purchased it from Victoria & still had Vic rego plates on the car. Luckily I only had the empty trailer on when it unhooked. I put it down to a local yokel trying to make a point to 'southerners'. The only place it could have happened was at my local (rural) supermarket. Sad thing is that it's quite likely that I would probably 'know' the culprit in some way or another given how long I've lived in the area.
Locking pin purchased the following day along with Territory rego plates, though I still can't expect to win against those of that mentality.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Had the pin pulled out and stolen at Shady Camp this year. Luckily it all came loose before we put the boat on the trailer. Still had to work out how to get it home though. Do they think it will deter you from going back? Not likely, especially when it's fishing that good!