Dundee Bashing.

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Jokes
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Dundee Bashing.

Post by Jokes »

Great bag mate, I'm heading out dundee for the first time mid this month on some big tides. My goal is for a big jew and to mybe get out and try for a sail, wind and swell dependant that is. Got any tips for a newby to dundee??

"where did you go fishing"

"in the water"
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Well done coops real interesting the way you targeted different species, great trip under trying conditions, them breaky juices sound OK as well

cheers Craig
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Jokes wrote:Great bag mate, I'm heading out dundee for the first time mid this month on some big tides. My goal is for a big jew and to mybe get out and try for a sail, wind and swell dependant that is. Got any tips for a newby to dundee??
I would say for the sails to simply find the cleaner water and bait. I could'nt say exactly where as every trip is different with wind and current. I would hazard a guess that conditions won't be ideal for them but you never know. Probably find ok water around high tide at the witches nose (bowra wide) or may be Sail city. Both marks will be in the fish finder book.

For Jewies fish in close to blaze on the big lumps with lots of run. I tend to get my fish in the current on the pressure side of the bommies ( the upstream side of the bommie). If it is windy Lowee Patches (about 2km wide of Roach Reef) also holds big jewies on specific bommies. Usually the small steep sided pinnacles that come out of a mud bottom are the best. Generally these hold a lot of school sharks. If you can wade through them and be patient the jewies some times will come on.

I think the tides will be too big for the Jew ledge at the Perons but ya never Know. In coming to high tide best IMO if you do give it a crack.
Jokes
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jokes »

cuddlescooper wrote:
Jokes wrote:Great bag mate, I'm heading out dundee for the first time mid this month on some big tides. My goal is for a big jew and to mybe get out and try for a sail, wind and swell dependant that is. Got any tips for a newby to dundee??
I would say for the sails to simply find the cleaner water and bait. I could'nt say exactly where as every trip is different with wind and current. I would hazard a guess that conditions won't be ideal for them but you never know. Probably find ok water around high tide at the witches nose (bowra wide) or may be Sail city. Both marks will be in the fish finder book.

For Jewies fish in close to blaze on the big lumps with lots of run. I tend to get my fish in the current on the pressure side of the bommies ( the upstream side of the bommie). If it is windy Lowee Patches (about 2km wide of Roach Reef) also holds big jewies on specific bommies. Usually the small steep sided pinnacles that come out of a mud bottom are the best. Generally these hold a lot of school sharks. If you can wade through them and be patient the jewies some times will come on.

I think the tides will be too big for the Jew ledge at the Perons but ya never Know. In coming to high tide best IMO if you do give it a crack.

thanks mate your effort is much appretiated, add me as afriend on here its people like you that i want to chat with and share info :mrgreen:
"where did you go fishing"

"in the water"
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Better chalk that one up Pete. I'm still on zero :cry: