Daly bag limit bust

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Daly bag limit bust

Post by Matt Flynn »

http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 7414487772

Gotta wonder tho, how many fish the illegal gill netters are taking - a lot more than this bloke.

NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daly bag limit bust

Post by NBN »

How are you going to fill your poly box full of fillets and post it back to Syd/Melb by sticking to the bag/possession limits..??? Poor bloke, he's probably spent a bomb on his cruiser and his 30 foot van and not to mention fuel what with the pallet of Melbourne Bitter lovingly stored under the bed (booze prices are outrageous up there!!). The Daly owes him all those hundreds and hundreds of Cherabin and as many fillets as he can harvest during his season.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Ha, the same argument has been presented on here about the new bag limits, and whether it is now worth investing in big bluewater boats ...

Bag limits of one fish in 2050, and the little blighter will probably be too full of pollution to eat anyway.
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

might as well catch em an Neck em before the Dam the Daly.
On the plus side at least he is looking after the fillets by the looks. Even though they look like black rats
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

might as well catch em an Neck em before they Dam the Daly.
Probably very good logic :mrgreen:
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

Matt Flynn wrote:http://www.news.com.au/national/norther ... 7414487772

Gotta wonder tho, how many fish the illegal gill netters are taking - a lot more than this bloke.
another act of organised crime...
gills2012

Post by gills2012 »

Reading your posts sickens me to know that you don't care about our fish stocks. Just how many of these grey headed nomads do you think are out there taking large quantities of Barra fillets and cherry bums back South to sell to their mates to finance next years trip up here to do it all again.
If you recon it's ok to take more than your bag and undersized fish let's stop putting them back and see how long our fishery lasts.
As for how much it cost for his rig mine cost $350k does that give me the right to rape and pillage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

gills2012 wrote:Reading your posts sickens me to know that you don't care about our fish stocks. Just how many of these grey headed nomads do you think are out there taking large quantities of Barra fillets and cherry bums back South to sell to their mates to finance next years trip up here to do it all again.
If you recon it's ok to take more than your bag and undersized fish let's stop putting them back and see how long our fishery lasts.
As for how much it cost for his rig mine cost $350k does that give me the right to rape and pillage?

Pretty sure most of those comments are tongue in cheek
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

gills2012 wrote:Reading your posts sickens me to know that you don't care about our fish stocks. Just how many of these grey headed nomads do you think are out there taking large quantities of Barra fillets and cherry bums back South to sell to their mates to finance next years trip up here to do it all again.

Mate for $350K you can be the Fisheries Minister and determine your own bag limits!! As luck would have it there may be a vacancy in the not to distant future.....

But seriously gills2012 welcome to the forum, Lats is 100% correct; just being silly. I think you'll find that the vast majority of contributors on this site are very conservation minded, myself included. So it seems we have more in common than you first thought. If you really want to throw up in your own mouth check out http://www.netforprofit.com.au.

Sorry mate, being silly again but you get the picture. :mrgreen:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Not sure what he's on about - my original post refers to "illegal gill netters".

Big difference between them and legal gill netters.

We hope so anyway ...
gills2012

Post by gills2012 »

Not to flog the dead horse, but I'm a it passionate about out fish stocks as I'm born and bread TT and just become a pop.
A few weeks ago I was fishing the TEBS round at the Daly and watched several 40cm rats get put in the esky by one of our visitors. I challenged him and was told I'm not a cop. Yes he was right that's why I almost run him over.
I wrote to our minister about this as it's not the first time I've seen this. I have also meet with our local member and Warren from AFANT. They all have had several other complaints over the same issue.
So next time you get a donut just run a small dinghy with interstate rego on it over. Maybe it will take a little of the hurt away!![emoji13]
By the way love the forum and the posts Will make my next posts more positive.