Suzuki Sevice Kit?

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Suzuki Sevice Kit?

Post by jabsy »

Hi all,

I need to get a 700 hour service done on my suzuki 175 and had it booked in for last weekend but it fell thru due to illness. Anyway one of the regular deckies suggested that he does it (with my help) as he is/was chief engineer (maritime) on one of the boats working off of WA. I've grabbed a service manual, ordered the fancy computer lead so I can look like I know what I am doing, and now just need to get the parts....

Where is the best place to get the service kit from? I dont mind interstate if its a fair bit cheaper but I dont mind buying local either. I wont get a chance to do it until the long weekend so delays from buying interstate are irrelevant.

I looked online but only see kits from the USA or UK.

jabsy

c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Suzuki Sevice Kit?

Post by c9h14n »

Jabsy,

Just shop local, there is not much difference in the interstate prices. I got the last two from Frenchys for about $180 (175hp). Just make sure you replace the annodes, other than that they are pretty straight forward.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Thanks. Cheapest I saw was $175 plus post, plus fluids. Frenchys is close so I'll go there then.
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

Yeh, that's just the kit, your engine and gear oil, plus remote fuel filters etc is extra. FWIW I use Castrol RX super for engine and the Castrol 80 weight gear oil. If you buy a drum, ask for some VPI to be added @1% to help if your motor doesn't get used regularly.