Dundee newbie

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dundee newbie

Post by mickkk »

Does the Dundee Jew reef produce fish for anyone, I have fished if a bit, all I ever get if those tiny little fish going crazy on ya bait but I have never had anything of note. I did have a live stripy out once and got bricked by what I'm assuming was a very large shark, I couldn't get an inch on it.

I don't know if I have ever fished it on a change of a tide, normally a last role of the dice, of if there is a heap of boats waiting to get out.

Also are those little fish and good to drop down as live bait? Been tempted to try and get a heap on the little bait jigs and see how they go.

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

I have never seen a jew caught on it . If it had jew professional fishers would be on it like Perons etc. I go there with visitors to stretch their arms on lemon sharks. Catch the bait and move on.
tight lines
Anon
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Anon »

Got a couple good goldies and Blue salmon off.it. Mate got a couple good Jewish although he does fish it all the time
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Looks like the wind will just start to get back up again for the weekend. We are out of sync on the weekends at the moment and need a reset so we get windy weeks and nice weekends as it's the wrong way round at the minute. I am looking forward to hearing how it was this weekend just gone down there. Better than I did in the yard fixing irrigators I expect.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Next set of calm weather judging by history will be over the next peak spring tides on a week end I reckon AM. Thats if all is fair and even in this world!
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

We will miss this one coming and the next by the look of the southern hemisphere map. One of those highs needs to bog down in the bight a few extra days to get back in step. Cant believe I wished for that probably never get it moving again. :banghead:
Dundee newbie is quiet after his Sunday Monday outing lets hope they are still cleaning fish!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

A report would be good Dills :) keen to hear how you got on.
Robert Hope
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Robert Hope »

swamped?
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Robert Hope wrote:swamped?
I hope not , but definitely not still cleaning fish. Could be a thousand reasons we havent heard anything, it does happen a bit.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Well AM, I got lucky with the weather Yesterday. Flat like a pan cake all day at Dundee! Got to love mid week fishing. 4 boats on the water all day.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

How predictable Pete even the liarologists picked that one plus looks like it might hold on for Saterday this time, till I knock off at least. Just a bit busy this year so far but I am working on that. How did you go I saw you with the boat on last night near Marara didn't I.
Oh yeah, you and your mid week fishing....... PFFT
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Hope your right with the weather Pete, Might head down next Friday for a cruise

See how much I get done at the new place this week
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
dills25
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by dills25 »

Cleaned up boys by the way, got photos on a mates go pro and still trying to get them off him from adelaide lol.
To name a few
Coral trout, Spanish Mac, tuna, shark, trickys, cobia and nearly a sailfish on a reidys sea bug lol!
dills25
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by dills25 »

I got a nice Red emperor and my mates did well 2! Heading back this weekend to try the gulps on the reefs etc, good times !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Well done. That Mac tuna is great bait