Gold

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Jerro
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gold

Post by Jerro »

G'day All,

New to Darwin and to the site! I have been studying most of the posts and I am very grateful of the knowledge you fisho's have been sharing so I thought I would post some photos of a recent trip east of the Vernon's.
As you can see by the photos the conditions were perfect and it was a great way to show a mate of mine up from wait awhile the magic of the Territory.
During the evening my mate added some nice Goldies to the esky but the best I could do was a constant tangle with the men in grey suits! I was being shown up from a good mate that I always thought of being an unco when it came to fishing. Not happy! :evil:
I woke first in the morning and wasted no time in getting a line over the side with success, my first Goldie but not large by any means. Tin arse awakes soon after and hits the jack pot with a Goldie that refused to come off the bottom, after a few tense moments he lands a ripper that I estimate would have gone 6-8kg!
For the next hour we landed a few more fish before they shut down! it was a great trip out to some ground that a very generous mate kindly gave co-ordinates to! You Territory people a good like that.
Ended up with 8 Goldies and nothing else, definitely cant complain about that! Weather was fantastic beer was cold! I love being up here!
Heading out this week to the North Gutter to chase Pelagic's and will hopefully be able to post some more pics if I do any good!
Once again lads thank you for your posts and insights, it definitely helps out when planning for trips and the like.
Cheers Jerro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Gold

Post by nomad »

Gday and welcome. Sounds like a good time. Nice Goldie
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Well done on the goldies
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Great first post and some great gold :mrgreen:
Did you measure the big one? Blooody stonker.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Welcome and great fishing. Looks like that big goldie might have hit 65-70
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Crackin' sesh :mrgreen: