Worked hard for some Nanny's

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
NT Mick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Worked hard for some Nanny's

Post by NT Mick »

Joined the other 60+ boats out Dundee on Sunday. Got there before 6am and was still boat 22 odd to get launched.
In by 7 and a spot off flicking for a Barra to start the morning resulted in ziltch!

So off to Sail City area looking a for some Mackies. Past a few 20k's out but decided to keep punching out.
Passed a few Tuna schools that we also passed up. Bad decision.
No mackies or Tuna seen or hooked out wide for the day.
We did manage to have a good session on the Nanny's.
Got a feed, enjoyed beers and a good time with a few mates.
An all too common sight these days below......A floating boat yard waiting at the ramp to be retrieved.
It was high tide so we decided to retreive ourselves after 45 mins or so.
We'd ran out of beer in the boat so HAD to get on land asap :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers
Mick
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Worked hard for some Nanny's

Post by jabsy »

nice fish, how deep were they in?
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Both large and small mouth Nanagai in the same hit. Must be a nice piece of ground.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

How rude! you could have got the front 7.5 meters of my boat in your shot as I headed of down to the Peron's Saturday afternoon for a couple of days! :lol: I haven't got any pics of it on the water or under way. All you got was the arse end and the new engines. :)
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

AM wrote:How rude! you could have got the front 7.5 meters of my boat in your shot as I headed of down to the Peron's Saturday afternoon for a couple of days! :lol: I haven't got any pics of it on the water or under way. All you got was the arse end and the new engines. :)
Maybe not now I have a closer look at the picture opened but I can attest to the vista of boats on the water there were a few dollars floating around that's for sure.
NT Mick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by NT Mick »

Just over 20m Jabsy!
Was hard work though as we couldn't hold anchor...(my reef anchor is a tad underdone)
The pushing tide and 1m swell was just enough to stop us holding, so it was a bit of back & forth slow drifting lol

LOL AM - I'll go wide angle next time :)
Cheers
Mick
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Good to see some fish in the boat Mick
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Good post mate...nice nanny

Something needs to be done at Dundee. My mate waiting 2.5 hours on Saturday to get pulled out. It was Kaos after dark with the last boat out at after 8. We got back at 4.30 on Sunday to beat the rush and waited an hour to be pulled out with 6-7 in front of us. There were 3 tractors working but since it was high tide only one tractor could retrieve. Very slow and painful.
Trev&Tara
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Trev&Tara »

We stayed at Dundee on Saturday Night. Got up at 5.30am to see the Armada of fisho's waiting to be launched. We decided to head off to 6 pack creek and have a fish and see if we could get a few crabs. That night in the bar I was talking to the young bloke behind the counter, and he was saying that they launched over 140 boats with a local chipping in and launching about 12 for them.
Regards
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Trev&Tara wrote:That night in the bar I was talking to the young bloke behind the counter, and he was saying that they launched over 140 boats with a local chipping in and launching about 12 for them.
140 boats x 5 minutes per boat = 700 minutes / 3 operators = 233 minutes / 60 minutes = 3.9 hours. Let's just call that 4 hours of continuous launching.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Timez have changed. Wasn't so long ago that Fog Bay was accessed by a rough 4WD track ...

Wonder what it will be like in 50 years?
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

dannett wrote:
Trev&Tara wrote:That night in the bar I was talking to the young bloke behind the counter, and he was saying that they launched over 140 boats with a local chipping in and launching about 12 for them.
140 boats x 5 minutes per boat = 700 minutes / 3 operators = 233 minutes / 60 minutes = 3.9 hours. Let's just call that 4 hours of continuous launching.
Just be glad the conditions were so kind or you would allow 15 minutes or more per boat to retrieve unhook to unhook and then how does the equation go even if you drop 15% off for the people who admit when things are beyond there experience and capabilities. Long day
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Nice looking Nannies
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Nice looking Nannies