DF 115 map sensor help

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

DF 115 map sensor help

Post by john d »

Just put a new impeller in the boat after some over heating at low speed issues last trip.
The engine ran fine with a good stream of water at the tell tale with the muffs on.
When i put it on the water it started fine but an alarm soon went off then wouldn't start.
Took it home and checked the manual to find the alarm is the MAP sensor 2.
This detects the pressure in the intake manifold.
Any one had this problem.
If so how did you fix it, any help would be appreciated.
Cheers..

Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: DF 115 map sensor help

Post by Basstad »

MAP sensor or MAF?,,,,,,,,Mass Air Flow..........they can be removed and cleaned there is a special MAF cleaner it's like CRC Contact cleaner.......Usually 2 Tungsten probes which heat up and calculate our air intake flow........never had an issue with any of mine though but they can fail.

MAP...........Manifold Absolute Pressure..............Helps give a fuel to air ratio........It can be cleaned also with the same cleaner just try that first.....Make sure when you clean it you use the proper cleaning gear because the plastic can be effected giving false readings/alarms,
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: DF 115 map sensor help

Post by john d »

Cheers Basstad.
I think i found the problem.
There was a fuel leak in the small hose between the fuel pump and the high pressure filter.
Might have been sucking air and stuffing up the mixture.
Replaced the short hose and put new clamps on.
Runs fine on the muffs the alarm has stopped at least, I will give it another go tomorrow on the water.
Cheers for the tip on cleaning the sensors, i will get some cleaner if the problem is still there.
Found a good web site containing free workshop manuals it has all the diagnostic info on the alarm sequence which made it easy to find the fault.
http://boatinfo.no/lib/suzuki/manuals/suzuki_df.html#/2
Glad it stopped at the ramp as there was no way I could have got to the leak on the water.
:cheers:

Return to “Going Fishing?”