Quintrex renegade owners...your opinions please

madmaskbass
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Quintrex renegade owners...your opinions please

Post by madmaskbass »

I have a new 60hp Suzuki tiller on mine and you can adjust both the steering and the throttle position to be pretty tight when on a longer trip..I'm still not that used to the feeling of it yet but it does take some strain off it..I wouldn't be leaving my arm off it but it does give you the chance to stretch fingers and arm from being locked in one position..

The Tracker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Tracker »

I've got a in painted one I just carpeted the inside of the hull looks good too and I can hang my lures on it haha
botchee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by botchee »

Cato

I haven't taken it on what is a long trip so cant comment too much. I live on the Sunshine Coast, however did live in Darwin for 6 years 20+ odd years ago so know distances travelled up there are way different to down this way. I have owned mine for some time now and am still tweeking the seat height to get best comfort position.

As madmaskbass said the Yamaha also has an adjustment on the steering which is more used to stop the motor from moving during transport and this is also adjustable to make it freer moving. Cant imagine using it for hand free operation. So lever adjustment + spanner adjustment. The 60 really is not hard to hold and cant imagine it to be too hard on longer trips. I just like the tiller as opposed to console as it gives more internal uncluttered space particular on smaller boats..
Kimberlite
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Kimberlite »

Spend a bit of time setting your trim tab to oppose the transverse prop thrust at your normal trim settings and the tiller will be light as a feather and track straight, you wont have to use too much steering friction. This will however change depending on your angle of trim so set it for you cruising sweet spot with your normal load/persons on the boat.

Makes all the difference driving a tiller which I did for 10 years guiding, nothing worse than fighting your engine all day.
www.seacodemarine.com.au

Aluminium welding, marine electrical, trailers and fishing...
jep
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jep »

Kimberlite, would it be possible to email the photos of this boat through to me as well?
dan444
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dan444 »

Cato, being in Townsville you should definately check out Hammerhead Boats.
Kimberlite
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Kimberlite »

Hi Jep

Send me a PM with your email and I will forward some pix on. The boat is nearly finished and looking good!

Cheers

Jim
www.seacodemarine.com.au

Aluminium welding, marine electrical, trailers and fishing...
jep
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jep »

Hi Kimberlite PM sent mate.

Kael