Thready Bonanza

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Thready Bonanza

Post by Lats »

Went to Shady Sunday afternoon to launch on the high for 2 night with the wife. Got nothing Sunday afternoon but got some good info on a spot at night on fizzers. 50 to 100 casts later with nothing. Was losing interest and then BOOF and huge splash but the hooks pulled out pretty much straight away :banghead: :banghead: Not that I knew it at the time, but it turns out, that was my only chance at an upgrade in the Seadogs comp. Next day we started the trolling for the morning low for jack poop. So we made the call to head for the jew reef. Bashing into it, taking spray over the side getting wet. It was blowing easy 15kts and that and the swell all on our STBD bow... Good times :fubird: We get out there and got a few small goldies that we threw back (except for one about 40cm) and I got 2 jewfish to 20cm. And no, there isnt a digit missing in that measurement :banghead:

We head back into a different spot to get the last part of the run in with a few threadys getting caught. We tried all the usual colours of Reidys lures I like to use but nothing. One boat asked us how we are going and I replied "we have got nothing" .... They said they have caught a few, and then the kid in the back bellows "I have caught 3". I could have thrown a snapper lead at him but I suppressed my inner demon and congratulated the young fella :D I then replied a boat land a fish on a GNR colour. I quickly made a switch and bang, straight on
1000312 (1024x768).jpg
Told Julie to change colour and then she was on with a similar sized fish but she didnt want a photo

The next day we banged them
1000320 (1024x768).jpg
1000323 (1024x768) (2).jpg
1000326 (1024x768).jpg
1000328 (1024x768).jpg
1000329 (1024x768).jpg
Fish were 80-100cm to the fork and caught about 15 (maybe more). We came up with a good release method too. Back up on them like we were onto a 1000lb black marlin, put the hurt on them
1000325[1].jpg
Thumb on the drag and give them the dont argue. Pulled a few hooks doing this but we didnt care losing a few. Keep them in the net and get a quick photo. Remove the hooks and straight onto the lip grips and out of the net and into the water. Obviously the quicker all this can be done the better. Quick swim and off the went
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Thready Bonanza

Post by theodosius »

Great threadies, shame about the barra!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Nice work mate :mrgreen: Top theady session indeed :catch:
Shame about the Barra but you still beat me in the seadogs
by 1 FARRKEN cm :moon:
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Nice threadies, well done lats
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

nice work :mrgreen:
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »