Junior Burger Dominates

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
FTRAINED
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Junior Burger Dominates

Post by FTRAINED »

Pencilled in some family fishing on the weekend with the neap tides and caught a break with the awesome weather. Fished the harbour from Nightcliff ramp on Saturday, we usually get an early start but with the big week and Friday evening kids sport we launched mid morning. Was expecting to cover a bit of ground first up but found some action on the sounder in quick time. In goes the motorguide and we loaded up the rods for some spinning action. We are getting a few hits and half hook ups as we work out our tactics. It wasn't long until we are greeting by our favourite sound of screaming reels and chasing fish around the boat had everyone involved. We ended up landing 8 fish for the session, all of them were quality fish including 83cm + 84cm Queenies and 69cm + 71cm Grey Mackerel.

Armed with a few lessons learnt from the previous day, we loaded up again on Sunday and planned to hit the water a bit earlier. Arrived at Nightcliff ramp on sunrise and low tide (3.1m) to be greeted by only 1 trailer in the carpark and a dry ramp with ~15m of sand to the waters edge. Water deep enough to launch was another 20m in. I've read a couple of horror stories of getting bogged in the black mud at this ramp and wasn't keen to join the list. Watched another boat launch by sticking to the right hand side once on the sand and copied that for no dramas.

Like Saturday, we find fish in no time and after landing just one fish on Saturday through no fault of his own, my young bloke couldn’t stop catching fish on Sunday. He was a dead-set fish magnet and had me asking him for pointers. There was a 20 minute period where I didn't touch my rod as I’d release his fish and he’d be on again before I could rinse my hands. He took pity on me after racking up 10 fish to nil and gave his arms a rest, giving me a crack. Following his instructions, first cast and I get smashed by a Spanish Mack that peeled a bit of line and got me on the board followed by a good Queeny. The action continued with everyone having a great time, and the wife landing her maiden Mack. Buzz still outscored us 5 to 1, which was a great thrill. Best fish for Sunday were a 81cm Queeny and 75cm Spanish and 76cm Grey Mackerel. Ended up with 40-45 fish for the 2 days, keeping a couple of Mackerel for dinner. Buzz took his game to a new level and will relegate me to deckie status in no time if he keeps this up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Junior Burger Dominates

Post by NBN »

The smile; nuf said!
alfie
Seadog
Seadog

Post by alfie »

Well done. Sounds like an awesome couple of days mate.
Good judgement is learnt through experience.
Experience is learnt through bad judgement.
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Well done to the young fella. Seems to be a few spanyards showing up early this year
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Well done!