New Mercury spare parts for 1994 engine

pops70
Silver Member
Silver Member

New Mercury spare parts for 1994 engine

Post by pops70 »

Hi all,

I have just taken the outboard off my boat, as it had issues with lots of movement in the bottom yoke of the steering arm and bumper-mounts.

Obviously I had to drill out lots of screws and bolts due to age and corrosion. Also I am going to replace a few more parts which are just old and as it's apart anyway ..... you all know what it's like .... BOAT (Bring On Another Thousand).

I found the technical drawings etc online, which lead me to the current part numbers. So now I have a quite extensive shopping list and would like to know if anyone knows where to best get the stuff from?

I'm all about supporting local business, but naturally one doesn't want to spend too much money on it.

If I could buy the parts in the USA, they would cost be around $1000 AUD without delivery. I can probably add another $500 or more to the bill if I buy here in AUS.

I have been told by a dealer in the USA, that they are not allowed to deliver Mercury parts outside of the US ...... Yeah, I get the point with earning tons of money by selling parts for humongous amounts of money in other countries ..... :banghead:

Has anyone know what to do best? Is there a dealer around who will do a fair price? Has anyone ordered parts in the US and has an idea how to do this?
No, I haven't presented my shopping list to a local dealer yet ..... still up for that shock. :evil:

Thanks so far for any comments.

Cheers

Tim

AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Re: New Mercury spare parts for 1994 engine

Post by AJay »

Probably worth checking prices from a big dealer down south, wouldnt surprise me if it was significantly cheaper including freight than it would be from the dealer up here
pops70
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: New Mercury spare parts for 1994 engine

Post by pops70 »

OK .... Boat fixed .....

I had some quotes done up down south, but in the end it was all not much cheaper.
All in all paid $1300 for spare parts and the engine looks and feels like new ..... sort of ..... ;-)

Thanks for the comment AJay.