Gold Bomber Bummer,,faulty???

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Gold Bomber Bummer,,faulty???

Post by jeffish »

Gday guys, just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with gold bombers.
I bought a 3 pack and 2 have failed with the rear treble snapping off . The first
one was on a snag and thought I just pulled to hard but the second was on a 60ish
size Barra. :banghead:
I actually kept using the lure and reckon the swim action was better , it nailed another
barra as well, might just cut the rear treble off the others :P
003.JPG
002.JPG
might be a bad batch, just glad it didn't happen on a monster fish :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Gold Bomber Bummer,,faulty???

Post by Fish Tank »

Yeah I think the quality isn’t what it used to be. I kept tearing out the rear treble wire. I've switched to Reidy's B52s and Junior B52s for that style of lure.
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

My green and black snapped at the head a few weeks ago.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Bombers are renowned for the rear treble pulling out. It sucks because they catch so many fish but it is hard to stay confident in them.
DAS
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DAS »

Yeah same deal but used to pull the anchor point out the end of the lure. Same with Manns stretch 10+ Just use Reidys or Rebel now.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

DAS wrote: .... Manns stretch 10+ ....
Now there's a blast from the past - whatever happened to the Manns Stretch lures??

One of my all time go to lures for flicking low tide snaggy holes/banks - can't seem to get them no more .... !!
Meter Maid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Meter Maid »

I had the same thing happen only on the larger bomber and it was on a 15-20kg GT.I thought it was just because of how hard it hit but maybe not.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Yeah as cuddles and Das said

Had quite a few pull the rear treble out over the years, lost a few good fish.
But caught plenty of good ones on them too
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by LCMA »

Last year at Shady took out a friend he lost a good size Barra right at the boat when the rear treble pulled out.
He had only brought it the day before and only been using it at the mouth for about an hour.
The only up side was the guys at the tackle shop gave him another.
My personal choice are Reidys lures any day.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

LCMA wrote:Last year at Shady took out a friend he lost a good size Barra right at the boat when the rear treble pulled out.
He had only brought it the day before and only been using it at the mouth for about an hour.
The only up side was the guys at the tackle shop gave him another.
My personal choice are Reidys lures any day.
And you see that as an upside? Upside would have been a refund or replaced with a reidys!
----------------------------
-----------------------------
LCMA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by LCMA »

That's what I thought but some guys swear by their gold lures. I'm not one but I'm not gunna bag him out for liking them. He's happy isn't that what counts. Who am I to question. So yes that's an up side for him.
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

Nice fish Jeff!

DAS wrote:Yeah same deal but used to pull the anchor point out the end of the lure. Same with Manns stretch 10+ Just use Reidys or Rebel now.
I caught my first ever barra down the Daly on a manns stretch around 14 years ago now. Talk about blast from the past.

Never had an issue with Bombers although I don't use them that much but have heard a few horror stories about them breaking on good fish with the same issue or breaking in half. I love the Reidys bombers and the junior b52's.
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
Kingbarra
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kingbarra »

Had the same thing happen recently but hooked on a snag. Half expect the line to snap before a lure breaks.
Fishing is not a matter of life and death.....it's more important than that
Melv
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Melv »

slug wrote:Now there's a blast from the past - whatever happened to the Manns Stretch lures??

One of my all time go to lures for flicking low tide snaggy holes/banks - can't seem to get them no more .... !!
Slug, try the bargain bin at the front of FOW. Not sure if there's any Stretch 10's in there but plenty of other Manns including the old Boof Bait. For whatever reason they'll never troll straight again after just one decent fish but still one of my go to lures for flicking the snags on the Daly.

As for Bombers, they catch plenty of fish but seen too many pull the rear treble to trust them on a potential catch of the day. B52's all the way for me :catch:

:cheers:

Melv
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Bought up big on Bombers as soon as they started to change.
The older style with the white softer looking plastic under the gold are still going strong.
Nearly all white one in the tackle box has been catching barra for 10 years
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.