Let's see your rig

Luke35
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Let's see your rig

Post by Luke35 »

Sorry about the late reply Slug.. Got it for 12 as the motor was buggered. New motor has been fitted just waiting to get home from work to pick her up :)

Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Finally got the last few mods finished on the new Bluewater rig, rocket launcher, step on rear starboard side, and a tackle tray and storage bin under the bait board.
also got her name on as well so look out fish now
Cruises nicely with a range of about 400km, fully enclosed cab to get out of the weather if needed.
6400 Quicksilver with a new 150hp Merc, plenty of power, cruises at 40kph with a top speed of just under 60kph
looking forward to a few trips over the dry :-)
IMG_5925.JPG
IMG_5926.JPG
IMG_5927.JPG
IMG_5928.JPG
IMG_5929.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Very ,very nice Dennis
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Awesome rig!
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Looks great Dennis!

Mate did you order it with a larger fuel tank or have an additional tank fitted??? I looked at the specs on the net and they stated 135 ltr fuel tank!
No matter where you go, there you are!
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

thanks guys, she goes well, just working out the best cruising speeds, heaps of torque with the 4 blade prop fitted.
Jeno wrote:Looks great Dennis!

Mate did you order it with a larger fuel tank or have an additional tank fitted??? I looked at the specs on the net and they stated 135 ltr fuel tank!
Yeah Jeno, had another 120 litres fitted under the floor, needed it for my long range trips.

Went to the Tiwis last weekend and didn't matter whether I was doing 3000 doing 25-30kph or 4500 rpm doing 45kph was still getting 1.6kpl, not too bad.

She goes great and handles the chop well, sits on the plane good at 25kph which is great for a bit of chop.
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Nice new rig Dennis, saw it in Winellie the other day and thought to myself "hmmmm..... that would be a sweet rig for long range trips..."
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

You'd just have to be 'Delyght'ed with that mate, verrry classy. :mrgreen:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Agent86 wrote:thanks guys, she goes well, just working out the best cruising speeds, heaps of torque with the 4 blade prop fitted.
Jeno wrote:Looks great Dennis!

Yeah Jeno, had another 120 litres fitted under the floor, needed it for my long range trips.

Went to the Tiwis last weekend and didn't matter whether I was doing 3000 doing 25-30kph or 4500 rpm doing 45kph was still getting 1.6kpl, not too bad.

She goes great and handles the chop well, sits on the plane good at 25kph which is great for a bit of chop.
K km

Cheers mate, that's what you need, something that can handle that short sharp chop we get up here! I reckon you will appreciate that cabin this dry season when the SE's are cranking and you arrive back at the ramp dry and not wind blown!
No matter where you go, there you are!
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

deepblack wrote:Nice new rig Dennis, saw it in Winellie the other day and thought to myself "hmmmm..... that would be a sweet rig for long range trips..."
yeah, cheers John

just need a good set of outriggers now and I reckon she will be complete :-)

[quote="Jeno" K km

Cheers mate, that's what you need, something that can handle that short sharp chop we get up here! I reckon you will appreciate that cabin this dry season when the SE's are cranking and you arrive back at the ramp dry and not wind blown![/quote]

yep been caught driving straight back into it a few times from out wide, definitely stay dry in the cab, its great.

Fly Fisher
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fly Fisher »

This is my baby.

Its sitting in my driveway just about to be picked up by its new owner, which happened today. I miss her already.

Very Very Sad!!!!

GS Marine 550TC side console with all the bells and whistles. Suzuki 175, 80lb I Pilot, Jacking plate, 220 litre fuel tanks. Big casting decks etc.

New boat does not arrive until mid July. - which is also very sad.
Tiger Boat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skippadman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Skippadman »

Fly Fisher wrote:This is my baby.

Its sitting in my driveway just about to be picked up by its new owner, which happened today. I miss her already.

Very Very Sad!!!!

GS Marine 550TC side console with all the bells and whistles. Suzuki 175, 80lb I Pilot, Jacking plate, 220 litre fuel tanks. Big casting decks etc.

New boat does not arrive until mid July. - which is also very sad.
Tiger Boat.jpg
Nice rig mate. A quick question, what type and size prop were you running? I have a 175 Suzi on a 5.3 and keep over revving a 3x15x23" Suzi SS prop. Good luck with the new boat:)
Fly Fisher
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fly Fisher »

I will have to get back to you on that - I don't recall specifics now and can't just go outside and have a look anymore.

I can tell you I switched to a 4 blade prop. The 3 blade original I believe was a 3x15x23 and it would top out at about 6100
Sweaty
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sweaty »

That is one seriously nice boat Fly Fisher, shame I didn't see that for sale.
Fly Fisher
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Fly Fisher »

Yep she was real nice - I miss it already. Sold to a mate.

I was thinking about that over a beer on Friday night and having a mate drive off with your boat is a bit like watching a mate drive off with your women. It doesn't feel right!!!

Oh well - the new women (I mean boat) arrives in July and I hope it makes me forget old Tiger Boat.

Return to “Boats, Motors, Vehicles & Trailers”