Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
Robert Hope
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: EL Nino 2015?

Post by Robert Hope »

Issued 3 March 2015

Madden–Julian Oscillation

The Madden–Julian Oscillation (MJO) has been weak and indiscernible for almost three weeks, meaning that it has provided little guidance on recent tropical weather variability. It is possible that the MJO will remain indescernible. However, some models indicate a very weak pulse of MJO activity may develop in the western tropical Indian Ocean in the coming days, move slowly eastwards and influence the Maritime Continent later this week or early next week. If the MJO strengthens over the Maritime Continent, the north Australian monsoon trough is likely to become more active, although it is uncertain whether the monsoon trough will move over the continent or remain offshore to the north of the continent. The risk of tropical cyclone activity over Australia's northern waters will increase next week if the monsoon trough becomes more active.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

Yep DH, the BOM are so accurate, you guys are the smartest people I've ever come across, just so good at your job. If only it was private enterprise and you could actually get the arse for being so incompetent! How many people have got themselves in the shiit due to you guys getting it completely wrong?? I know I'm one. I think we're better off sticking our heads out the window and looking at the clouds, you'd get a better forecast.
Chris
Robert Hope
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Robert Hope »

The BOM don't make people go boating Mac10. That's up to your judgement.........

I don't work for the BOM, never have..........