Wanted 5.5 Formosa tomohawk

Buy, sell and giveaway. Private sales and FFF sponsors only.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Wanted 5.5 Formosa tomohawk

Post by mac10 »

I bought my 5.5 formosa classic, customised and bimini, c-section trailer and 150hp Suzi, brand new 40K. 3k to get it here.

Chris
Mark philippe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mark philippe »

Hi Mac sounds like you got a great deal who did you deal with mate
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

Australian Marine Centre in QLD, Mark Nolan. Prices may have risen since then but that was about the going rate 2 yrs ago.
Chris
moregrunt
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by moregrunt »

i bought mine from amc off mark as well. Yeh they look after u in pricing but the transport company that bought my boat up was the biggest bunch of idiots i have ever dealt with. Then AMC are just idiots to deal with when u have things with warranty issues with the boat.

Its dearer but i would just use local next time. better build up quality and its easy to take it there when u aint happy.
Mark philippe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mark philippe »

Cheers gents i have spoke to Mark down there 46,200 special on for a 520 tomo with 140 hp digital gauges safety gear trailer etc then 3 k for delivery .I think I'll still keep looking for something to pop up
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

I had a warranty issue with the hull, quite a big one. I dealt with Formosa directly and they got Quality to fix it, they probably were not happy about it but they are formosa's dealer so who cares? No different if you lived down south and moved up. It's also worth mentioning Quality did a good job with the warranty work.

Mark, looks like prices have gone up a bit over the last couple of years. At the time it was 7k cheaper to buy south, less 3k to get it here. Not sure what the local price is now to compare.

Yes the freight company were a bunch of hill billies and I was extremely nervous when the boat failed to show up until a fews days late and no-one would take my calls, but it got here in the end in new condition.
Chris
Mark philippe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mark philippe »

Thanks Mac ,It seems prices have definately gone up i was in at quality checking out a new 550 Tomo ,It came in just over the 61k mark thats with a 150 not a 140 which he told me was 3k difference digital gauges, raised casting deck,safety gear bimini not sure if that was with the garmin gps/sounder.
moregrunt
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by moregrunt »

just tell the guys at quality marine your ready too talk turkey and see what price they do. what ever way u do go make sure you go dual axle trailer there is no way i would want mine on a single axle trailer. If you wanna check mine out come round and have a look mate get the idea of what setup u want.
Mark philippe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mark philippe »

Thanks Grunt might give you a buzz and come check out your rig mate.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

Definitely, mine is a far bit lighter than a tomahawk and I couldn't imagine a single axle trailer. They're a fair lump of boat. Took a bit getting used to how long it takes to stop on water, few trees copped it in the creeks! Also, if you can go the 150, I think you'll be disappointed if you don't. Mine has plenty of balls but still only 33kt WOT. I reckon the wide beam makes the donk work harder.
Chris
moregrunt
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by moregrunt »

yeh mark for sure come have a look. mac10 your right the beam really makes them work harder.... i find mine needs to be trimmed right out and still has the nose a bit in the water. 150hp on mine and 70kmh is top speed