New Fishing Laws On The Way

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: New Fishing Laws On The Way

Post by Dick »

If you're referring to Hemi's reference to donating to ISIS I think we already donate a fair bit of F18 ordinance to them, (at least I hope so)

Regards Dick
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Dick wrote:If you're referring to Hemi's reference to donating to ISIS I think we already donate a fair bit of F18 ordinance to them, (at least I hope so)
:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: gold :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oldstacer

Post by Oldstacer »

I like the new Barra Salmon rules and don't bottom bounce much. So after we fed AFANT to the sharks what should the rules be......and why?
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Taken from afants website -

“ We have consulted widely on the proposals with both AFANT members and the broader recreational fishing community and we are confident that the overwhelming majority of anglers will support the changes as necessary to ensure a reef fishing future around major population centers."
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Did they bring it up on this site? I cant remember as there is the odd day I don't look on here
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

I dont think they should be "confident"...!
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

It's happening so get over it. Something needed to be done and this is that something. Good, bad or otherwise.

You had chances to comment of the proposal including AFANT posting links to the consultation process several times on this site. Many of you who now object to this, didn't bother to comment or go to the consultation meetings ... so this is what you get.

I'm am not a member of AFANT or always agree with what their positions are … but whinging after the horse has bolted is about as useful as pissing into the wind.

Hemi you're a 1st class whinger and the ISIS coment just shows how much of a knob you are.
Last edited by Fish Tank on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

I seen the earlier posts about the bag limits of goldies and Jewies and they got passed through but I didn't see anything about the new proposals that have been passed
Can you post that page up for me fish tank Please
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

shaggs wrote:I seen the earlier posts about the bag limits of goldies and Jewies and they got passed through but I didn't see anything about the new proposals that have been passed

I'm not AFANT or a member and can't be arsed looking. Do your own research.

BTW this is a Government initive. The Government will do what they think needs to be done after consultation with affected parties and experts. AFANT is only one of many who provided input on the proposal. If your not happy with the outcome blame everyone who wasn't invloved and didn't provide feed back.
Last edited by Fish Tank on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Oh I don't care anyway,just gives me an excuse to take all the grandkids with me and catch three times as many as I usually do
I wouldn't
But there's a lot that are going to
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

Fish Tank wrote:
shaggs wrote:I seen the earlier posts about the bag limits of goldies and Jewies and they got passed through but I didn't see anything about the new proposals that have been passed

BTW this is a Government initive. The Government will do what they think is best after consultation with affected parties and experts. AFANT is only one of many who provided input on the proposal. If your not happy with the outcome blame everyone who wasn't invloved and didn't provide feed back.

Why dont ya tell us your not an afant member a 3rd time.....!

Member for sure!!
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Hemi wrote:
Fish Tank wrote:

BTW this is a Government initive. The Government will do what they think is best after consultation with affected parties and experts. AFANT is only one of many who provided input on the proposal. If your not happy with the outcome blame everyone who wasn't invloved and didn't provide feed back.

Why dont ya tell us your not an afant member a 3rd time.....!

Member for sure!!
Knob for sure!
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well done!

Well done with your edits too ...
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

I put a proposal in. Not that my opinion is worth much.

For what its worth I feel that

Rolling Closures would be a better idea. ie Close much bigger area's but for 12 month cycles

If they are going to make 3 Snapper the limit I would have preferred they just brought in a no take rule for 12 months and then assessed it after that . It seems to me that having a three fish minmum s going to cause people to throw back a lot of medium size fish in pursuit of three good ones. And we all know that catch and release isn't the way to go. And if the fishery as is bad as claimed maybe closure is the only option

I Like Charles point patches closure but feel they could have closed down Sampan Jewie marks and Channel Point as well (maybe hotham)

Would have preferred a 50cm to 80cm slot size for Barra everywhere

Can't support the Threadfin Salmon rule

Don't like the five of each species rule.

Should have been a 50 km exclusion zone for Charter operators from the harbor

Charter operators should have had a 60 fish maximum imposed

That all I can think of.... except I agree that Hemi is a tool
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

If you download the latest Tales from the Tinny podcast from Saturday, they ask a lot of questions to the AFANT fellas and I found a lot of the stuff being whinged about here was well answered. Might be worth a listen if you like listening to what other people have to say.