second trip in the harbor.

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

second trip in the harbor.

Post by steve29 »

Thought i would share my trip in the harbor this morning its not much of a trip but its all worth a crack. Second time ive been out since ive moved here and loved being out there well i headed out of dinh boat ramp what a scene at least 60 trailers down there it was flat out headed out towards larrkeyah way to start off and do a bit of drifting out there. Started getting a lot of bits soon as we pulled up and nothing on the sounder. It the swell was descent so did not want to venture to far out. Finally the father in law was on i had a huge grin just watching. He pulled a small jewy in only about 40cm :fishy: but it was a start and the first for the boat. Then the father in law starts spewing his guts up for no reason over the side i thought thats it we going home :cry: but we venture on. And then my rod goes off i was like about time finally get it in it was only a little shark bl..dy pest. Then i thought about moving out a bit as it was starting to settle down out there almost flat . Thaen the in law starts spewing up again and was not well so had to pull the pin. I was shattered oh well poop happens.well not much of a report or a trip but its still good to get out cheers.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: second trip in the harbor.

Post by jeffish »

Good onya steve at least your starting to find your way around the spots.
It only gets better mate. Tell your father inlaw he's lucky he wasn't on
my boat ,I only come in if your bleeding to death , sea sick never :D
steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve29 »

Thanks mate yea i was going to tell him to take me car and trailer and come get me later i was having a ball. Anyway your advice was working and was just about to head out to the wreaks and then he was sick i was shattered. Alot of boats out there they where everywhere
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Find a new fishing partner or load him up on Quells a few hours before you go out LOL
Wont take you long to feel your way around Steve and the harbor just seems to be getting better and better
Tell the inlaw well done with the jewie
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve29 »

Yea thanks mate i have some at home to lol yea im hoping it's not long before i start catching something out there but im learning and having a ball out there cheers
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

:) thanks for the report
swamp_donkey89
Seadog
Seadog

Post by swamp_donkey89 »

Haha it's always hard to leave any fishing spot, wether your catching plenty or not! But maybe next time give him a few beers and he might come good again!
steve29
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve29 »

Lol true i should try it next time and yes i was shattered pulling the pin i was only out there for just under 2 hours oh well it was better than nothing :cry: