Sunday at Shady

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Sunday at Shady

Post by Matt Flynn »

You mob should keep in mind that even with a full carpark you are 10 times better off than elsewhere in terms of fisho numbers.

If you want to see truly frightening then use Google Earth to look at the Brisbane to Gold Coast canals and inside the islands, and all the moored boats. Must be hell on a weekend when everyone decides to go. And they don't have barra :D
BarraBob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Sunday at Shady

Post by BarraBob »

I launched Friday at shady and joined the conga line at the mouth. Got there about 06:15am for a line up of about 15 waiting to launch and my daughter counted 59 cars and trailers in the car park. Everyone I saw was polite and relaxed the launch was only a half hour wait with nobody stressed. We trolled the mouth for hours in the crowds and I never heard a bad word or any aggression shown between boats a few times I pulled up so as not to cut off people fighting fish as other did the same.
I think it was a good indication of how everyone can work together with no set rules or licencing and make a real good show of how it should be.
I say well done to everyone there a real Top End type of day showing the aussie spirit.