Shady

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Shady

Post by Ben Jam »

If shady is firing there's a good chance two other systems would be fishing good as well. Just a thought.

----------------------------
-----------------------------
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

Ben Jam wrote:If shady is firing there's a good chance two other systems would be fishing good as well. Just a thought.

Just because there are a lot of boats fishing there, I wouldn't really say that Shady is firing.

We spent 5 hours trolling the mouth of Tommycut with 18 other boats and got nothing. Only saw and heard of one other 67cm barra coming from there. Went back to Shady Mouth and joined the queue with in excess of 60 other boats and also caught nothing. We saw about a dozen fish caught in 3 hours trolling the best part of the tide, mostly salmon but there were a few nice barra.

Most of the people out there were doing the right thing having a good time but there were also too many d!ckheads out there who don't know boating and fishing etiquete. Not trying to sound like a whinger but I had soooooo many idiots jump directly in front of me and start trolling only to have a go at me for being too close :fubird: Sooooo many idiots tacking across the trolling run just because they saw a fish just caught there. :fubird: Soooooo many idiots going through at full noise right through the middle of the trolling run :fubird:

We left early to get back to the ramp before the crowds but I would hate to think what it would be like with 50 other boats lined up to be retrieved.

I think the place will fire very soon as the water looked great.....just too many others there for me to bother going back.
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

seano wrote:I thought I had a good idea- tied up to a tree casting an eddy away from the crowds out the front but the amount of boat driving past at full noise creating wake after wake stirring the mud up and smashing my boat against the tree made it too hard. Got a few but nothing big
That's where the spot lock would come in hand seano
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Wombles
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Wombles »

Darwin is not small anymore... Time to move remote again!!! Only see 1 boat and catch 50 Barra....don't like the idea fishing with 50-100 boats this time a year.
Life is like a box of lures...you never know which one to pick!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FuZTJol4K0
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

Dead right. Lots of cashed up keen fishos around these days. Bragging all over the Internet only gets more boats to the same spots. Oh well, keeps the local spots nice and quiet.
bring_it_on
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bring_it_on »

Lot of inpex dickheads on the water now
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Had a couple of guys from Victoria last year in a 6m Hooked On hire boat at shady barrage launching ask where Marsh creek was as they had read about it.
Asked how much fuel and time they had and laughed ( set em straight with a bit of advice ) but Fu*k me
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

STANDY wrote:Had a couple of guys from Victoria last year in a 6m Hooked On hire boat at shady barrage launching ask where Marsh creek was as they had read about it.
Asked how much fuel and time they had and laughed ( set em straight with a bit of advice ) but Fu*k me
Haha, we went to the effort one day last year, braved the rain and the waves in the dark to get to Marsh at 6 am only to discover we were boat number 4. Also rescued 3 of the hooked up boats from the mud last year too.
Dan