Tides between the East mouth and bottom of Cape Don

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tides between the East mouth and bottom of Cape Don

Post by AM »

Have had bit of a dig around but cant find much info, chasing the + - from Darwin tides and if the runs are as hard for the estuaries north of the East's mouth and around towards Cape Don. I am guessing that will be where all the netting will take place given the Chambers bay exclusion but I might give it a look sometime.

cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tides between the East mouth and bottom of Cape Don

Post by cuddlescooper »

Tides are about 2and a half hours later in the mouth of the systems and later again the further up you go into them. Tides still run fairly hard in all of the creeks untill just before cape don where they start to get sandy.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Thanks Peter I was starting to thing everybody was already at shady camp in the line up to launch in the morning.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tides between the East mouth and Cape Don Another one

Post by AM »

Another question for anybody who has been is the access into Mini Mini only at high tide or is it possible at half or any tide. Just trying to work out coordination issues with getting down the South and out of it at the optimum tide without arriving at the final destination at the wrong tide.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

only been there once mate but from memory the south side of Englgout..FFS cant spell it but you know what I mean has a large rock bar running north from the southern side of the creek and you would want half tide I'm thinking.......but don't put your sheep station on that info bud.........long time ago now and many xxxx golds later.
hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hottuna »

Hey Mate,
Access is possible at any stage on even the biggest of springs. Flick me a PM with your number if you want a bit more detailed info.
Bluewater Dreamin'
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

hottuna wrote:Hey Mate,
Access is possible at any stage on even the biggest of springs. Flick me a PM with your number if you want a bit more detailed info.
Hi mate
Thanks for the offer PM sent