Trailer swap at the South

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Trailer swap at the South

Post by balou »

A couple of mates fished the south overnight for zip on the weekend. To add to there dissapointment some clown decided to switch there trailer with another one. The other trailer which was nearly new was hooked up chains, lights everything . The went through the 48 other trailer and found their trailer hooked up to another car. The car park was chokers so they had to moniver their trailer out of a really tight spot. To add to their frustration the jockey wheel had been completely busted off making it more difficult.

Who does this sh.t?

Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Trailer swap at the South

Post by Basstad »

I lock my trailer to the car but with battery grinders.........nothing is safe..

pretty low act really isn't it......I mean obviously the people that are steeling trailers/boats /fishing gear are also fishermen/women.........you'd like to think that some respect for fellow fishers could shown..........
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

They diffenitely should have a trailer lock on.... Don't think this is thief just some wanka thinking it's funny. Both trailers swapped were big dual axle jobbies so it wasn't an easy thing to manually move them in the first place.

My mates were not even sure the trailer which was attached to their car was returned to the right car.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

balou wrote:A couple of mates fished the south overnight for zip on the weekend. To add to there dissapointment some clown decided to switch there trailer with another one. The other trailer which was nearly new was hooked up chains, lights everything . The went through the 48 other trailer and found their trailer hooked up to another car. The car park was chokers so they had to moniver their trailer out of a really tight spot. To add to their frustration the jockey wheel had been completely busted off making it more difficult.

Who does this sh.t?
So did they call the police or what?
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Don't think they called the cops not really thief is it.
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

balou wrote:Don't think they called the cops not really thief is it.
I guess it depends it was the other car owner or just a random. They wud have to b dumb to stick around if it was them but there are some pretty dumb thieves.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

balou wrote:Don't think they called the cops not really thief is it.
Interfering with a motor vehicle? There has to be some kind of law, its a registered vehicle. Its not like its some park bench for a prank.

Dickheads no matter how you look at it.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

If its not reported the cops will never know. Lets say that there have been 10 incidents like this and no one reports it. No action taken
But if they do report it, maybe the cops will do regular trips to the area for a look or better.
I hate this poop. Leave other peoples stuff alone
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

nomad wrote:If its not reported the cops will never know. Lets say that there have been 10 incidents like this and no one reports it. No action taken
But if they do report it, maybe the cops will do regular trips to the area for a look or better.
I hate this poop. Leave other peoples stuff alone

Good point nomad I talk to him about reporting it in the morning.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Cops would have an idea who would do a stupid thing like that. Bored, dickheads, they would narrow it down. Still nothing will happen.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Quinntreximon wrote:Cops would have an idea who would do a stupid thing like that. Bored, dickheads, they would narrow it down. Still nothing will happen.
They built that new holiday camp way to small to lock up all the crims and tossers in the N.T anyways. It should have been double the size. No room at the holiday camp means the court will enforce lighter sentencing in my opinion.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Someone is gunna get hurt one day with all this trailer shite.

Came back a few months ago to dinah ramp at 11pm to find three backpackers sitting in the back tray of my ute having a beer WTF probably good for security in the end should have chained em in for a few days.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Balou - Crim Damage to say the least re the busted jockey wheel... In the name of comedian Rick Peters... "Somebody gonna get hurt... Somebody..." The more incidents reported = more targeted police patrols, greater community awareness when the media get hold of the info from Police, greater likelihood of CCTV being installed, greater likelihood of a secure boat ramp being installed, etc. Some are dream possibilities, but without a report to the coppers, there will be zip other than what is put up on this website. Approaching your local MP is also an idea. Shaking his tree may get the monkey working!
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Someone released the lock on my trailer hitch at the Buffy Creek lockup again. 2nd time. 1000% sure it was done up when I left it. Why would you do that???
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

Fish Tank wrote:Someone released the lock on my trailer hitch at the Buffy Creek lockup again. 2nd time. 1000% sure it was done up when I left it. Why would you do that???
Same thing happened to me at bynoe last year, didnt realise until trailer popped off the tow ball while I was driving the boat on. Was out by myself so would have been a pretty tricky situation if it wasnt for the grey nomads who were there at the same time, was able to keep trailer fairly steady with the boat while they put it back on the tow ball for me.