TABS Territory Pro

Grizz

TABS Territory Pro

Post by Grizz »

Hi All,
I'm Looking at buying a TABS 5.3 Territory Pro Side Console.
What are your thoughts on TABS.
since Trailcraft are shut down and there later models of boats weren't too flash in the strength department I have resorted to a similar boat setup.
from what I've heard they are pretty strong with little defects.
It will mainly be a boat for inshore and offshore, overnight trips and long range travel but still be able to access small creeks and rivers inshore and freshwater like the old 4.5 pro fish. Nearly an all rounder by sacrificing comforts.

Thanks.

Cheers Grizz
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: TABS Territory Pro

Post by tubbs »

if you like the Trailcraft style of boat, have a look at Goldstar boats. a lot of the boats he used to build were based on the Trailcraft design ( I believe he used to work for them).
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Good solid boats mate but really go max hp.

I had a 475 tabs with 90 hp and it feels under powered. I regularly fish out of my 545 tabs with 135 hp verado which a good match but 150 be better. Can be wet though in my opinion but most open boat are .
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Grizz, I've got the 5.1 TABS Territory Pro and she is a great solid boat for both inshore and offshore type fishing. I've only got a 60 Hp bigfoot Yammy on mine and she's only got a WOT of 40kmph but she gets on the plane instantaneously. I figured when I bought it from the bloke that it was a fishing boat and not a speed boat. The max power the hull is legally rated to is 90hp. Gunnels are nice n wide at 2200mm so plenty of room for two to three big fellas to do an overnighter on and heaps of room to move about. There is heaps of underfloor space too for storage. I previously only had Quinny Horney trophies in the past and they are a pretty flat hull designed boats so the only real fault I could find in the TABS is the minimal roll in the hull when stationary. But other than that I reckon she's a beauty, great for the family with nice high n wide gunnels and she looks and handles great on the water. If I had the extra cash I'd probably refit her with a 90 Yammy. Good luck with the purchase. :D
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Grizz

Post by Grizz »

Thanks M8 good to hear from someone who owns one. and yeah the 5.3 is rated to 115 horses so il probably lock a 100 yammy on her. thanks Once Bitten and Balou
Cheers Grizz