Baitcaster spool bearings

kavera
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Baitcaster spool bearings

Post by kavera »

Stumbled upon this thread looking for some answers for my zillion, maybe you guys can give me some advice on what bearing I need to change, the reel just started make a noise when casting, and less of a noise on retrieve, the reels a few years old and barely seen salt water until a couple of months ago. I had a look at the hedgehog bearings but just wanting to make sure I know what ones I need, it's been a while since I pulled a reel apart, anyone on here know a reel servicer? Only just started making noise today and was hoping to head away on the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

If its noisy on casting its probably a spool bearing.

Deep Black on here services reels and he can probably give you some advice to get you up and running by the weekend.
Regards
Ronje
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Spool bearings can be serviced - you have to pry the shield off and clean with a solvent and blow out with an air compressor until they are wizzing freely and then just a drop of oil
madmortimer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by madmortimer »

kavera wrote:Stumbled upon this thread looking for some answers for my zillion, maybe you guys can give me some advice on what bearing I need to change, the reel just started make a noise when casting, and less of a noise on retrieve, the reels a few years old and barely seen salt water until a couple of months ago. I had a look at the hedgehog bearings but just wanting to make sure I know what ones I need, it's been a while since I pulled a reel apart, anyone on here know a reel servicer? Only just started making noise today and was hoping to head away on the weekend

If you are replacing spool bearings on your Zillion you will have to be specific on what model Zillion as there are several, and they take different size spool bearings I think.

Cheers
kavera
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by kavera »

All good, got it serviced