Reidy's soft plastic prototypes...

Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Reidy's soft plastic prototypes...

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Well Colin was kind enough to visit me last evening, and gave me these two prototypes.
Yes they are prototypes, and might well go through a few modifications before being put on sale, yet they already look pretty good to me.

Here they are:

Two Reidy's soft plastic prototypes.

On the first look, they look rather similar to the traditional rubbers from Reidy's, yet look at them a bit closer...
The first obvious thing is the size of the paddle at the end of the tail: it is enormous!
As such it should provide a deadly action, even in the slowest retrieve possible, or just on the drop.
Talking about the drop, the weight is lighter on these new lures. So they should have a slower dive speed, but still have good action on the dive, because of the previously mentioned big paddle finishing their tail.
Now the eyelet to put a stinger hook, under the chin of the lure, seems to be a bit larger than before too.

Here come two more photos:

Prototype in the Karens Pearl colour.

Prototype in a colour unknown to me.

Yes, the second one look a bit like the Yellow Belly colour, but with a see through belly...

I don't know much more about them, except that they have already been tested in Mackay, Queensland, where they proved very effective on big Barramundi.
Now, I can't wait to go and test them, and hopefully catch a nice Barra with them.
In how long will they hit the shelves of your favourite tackle shop?
No idea about that, honest.
Which is a pity, because I would love to get a full bag of them for the incoming season.
And I am afraid that they will not be fully ready and available before the run off...

Oh and please, be indulgent with the quality of the photos.
I was so excited about these lures, and wanted to do a post so urgently, that I just did the pictures with my phone instead of getting a proper camera...

Have a good day,
Pecheur

DAS
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Reidy's soft plastic prototypes...

Post by DAS »

Cheers Pecheur they look good let us know how you go with them.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

They look the goods, nice big paddle tail for the ultra slow retrieves
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

do they swim on the drop?
Regards Dick
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

I was thinking that reidys next lure was going to be vibe.

If they could sell them for under $15 that would be nice. Hint hint if your watching haha
----------------------------
-----------------------------
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Ben Jam wrote:I was thinking that reidys next lure was going to be vibe.

If they could sell them for under $15 that would be nice. Hint hint if your watching haha
Yes and make them out of non reactive rubber that doesn't melt with other lures. And put decent hooks them.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

cuddlescooper wrote:

Yes and make them out of non reactive rubber that doesn't melt with other lures. And put decent hooks them.
:mrgreen: agree.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Ben Jam wrote:
cuddlescooper wrote:

Check out 'quickcatch' or 'surecatch' vibes on eBay. I'll check the name when I get home. About $11 each or so. Same as the threadybusters. He will sell them cheaper if not through eBay.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

scottmac wrote:
Ben Jam wrote:
cuddlescooper wrote:[

Check out 'quickcatch' or 'surecatch' vibes on eBay. I'll check the name when I get home. About $11 each or so. Same as the threadybusters. He will sell them cheaper if not through eBay.
i already use all of them but they come out with rubbish hooks and they react to other rubbers. They also hold a memory and must be stored laying dead flat or other wise the tail bends and they no longer swim properly. I love the quick catch but you cant buy many of them at a time as they will be farked by time you go to use them if not laying flat in a tray.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

scottmac wrote:
Ben Jam wrote:
cuddlescooper wrote:[

i already use all of them but they come out with rubbish hooks and they react to other rubbers. They also hold a memory and must be stored laying dead flat or other wise the tail bends and they no longer swim properly. I love the quick catch but you cant buy many of them at a time as they will be farked by time you go to use them if not laying flat in a tray.
Really? I've never noticed them to be that susceptible to changing shape in the box. Just had a look at mine and I can see a bit of an angle on the tail of a couple. I didn't think that would change the action that much, thought it was all about the vibration. But I trust your judgement Cuddles, your a much more accomplished fisherman than me! :bonk:
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Cuddles is right. They can and do loose their shape. I thought reidy may bring out a transam type lure??? They seem to be very popular.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply, but I am actually on leave and didn't get the time to try these lures yet.
Will try them as soon as possible upon my return to the Territory.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Stretch-Soft-Vibe-Fishing-Transam-Lure-80mm-Jackall-Thready-Lures
By Tournoment tackle...................they make or sell a few as you say some of the others ares ubject to different faults.
this model seem OK some of there others not so much they are brown with gold fleck (work a treat)
if you get togeather and buy 30 they are $8 bucks each.

I will get some more if anyone is keen.

Cheers.
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Im keen. We could go halves 15 each or whatever.
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

no worries have a look at them any one else keen

Give a PM and i will get some.........................no profit int just share the love.

Cheers