Suggestions for Monday

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Sataymas
Silver Member
Silver Member

Suggestions for Monday

Post by Sataymas »

Hey all, wondering if anyone has any suggestions where I can take a couple of Mexican lads out for a fish on Monday. Had to get a 5.2 from hooked up as I got no boat no more, so can't go too far. I was planning on Leeders until I looked at the big tides. Should I give Leeders a miss with the big movement? Any suggestions? Maybe somewhere to chase goldies, Jews or macs?
Cheers.
:D

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Suggestions for Monday

Post by Lats »

Leaders is going to be really dirty on those tides and very small fishing windows. And the last time I put pots in there about 4 weeks ago I got 1 jenny so not much crab reward either. Those tides, you should look at Dundee for the type of fish you want to catch. BUT... and its a pretty important BUT, the weather doesnt look all that good monday for offshore trips. I think there might be a few storms around which makes it very hard to launch and especially retrieve at Dundee.

Another possibility is to get out early from Darwin harbour if the weather is good in the morning. Shoot out to South Gutter and jig for Macks, or drift some baits around the bottom. Come home midday (ish) and fish the run in on the harbour flats chasing barra
Sataymas
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sataymas »

Yeah Leeders is out then. I have not been out to south gutter before. How far out is it? I guess we need to be able to run in for shelter if needed. Maybe we should stick to chasing some threadies and barra. Is there anywhere decent around the harbour arms for barra nowadays though. I could always try some of the wrecks in and around the harbour but is it going to be worth it?
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

I would chase barra/theadies in the harbour or Bynoe
Sataymas
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sataymas »

What about the adelaide? Maybe heading to the mouth and up some little inlets etc? Can you get into many of the little inlets etc in Bynoe or the Harbour at 1m?
Sataymas
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sataymas »

What about the adelaide? Maybe heading to the mouth and up some little inlets etc? Can you get into many of the little inlets etc in Bynoe or the Harbour at 1m? Or could do the buff adventure out to hope inlet or little Howard. Is 3.5m to get in and out of Buff?
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

The Adelaide is hard fishing at the moment even when the tides are right, let alone 7m springs. On big tides the harbor's flats are as good as any where to fish. I have done hundreds of k's to catch only half a dozen fish for the day at this time of year. I go to the harbor and catch that pretty well with out fail. It's close to home and as good a fishing as any where at this time of year in my opinion. Takes a bit to learn but when you do it's money for jam. the reef fishing is also reasonable at this time of year but the tides are a bit big for comfort.
Sataymas
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Sataymas »

Harbour tis then :cheers: thanks for the advice. What are the flats you talk of? Might hit some little inlets for a flick as the tides drains out then. Can I get in and out of the inlets over Mandorah way on a falling tide?