How do you clean your boat?

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How do you clean your boat?

Post by barnzy »

Hi all, iv just got back from dundee after fishing for 4 days and now have the task of cleaning the boat. I'm just what product you use to get rid of all those stubborn bits of blood and dried fish to loosen up? I keep it reasonably clean with the deck wash out there but when it's a hot bite it's pretty hard to put he rod down.....

seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: How do you clean your boat?

Post by seano »

Best advice is never let it dry! If you do just elbow grease and soapy water.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Pressure cleaner.

On my way back from Dundee I drive down to the Finniss on Hadrcastle road and back the trailer in deep to wash the salt off and flush the motor in pure fresh water. You will get a bit of dust on the trailer on the way out but its better then having salt every where. Just be careful of the croc that lives near by.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Tuna etc leave your boat looking like a murder scene. :lol:
Clean it off asap. I use a soft dust pan brush dipped in the drink - takes a few seconds.
for that dried on blood, try truck wash CT18. spray it on and let it dry. then hose down and use a soft brush again - comes up a treat.
Now the red dirt from the trailer is another story. forget it.

When the trailer has been in the salt, i use a lawn sprinkler (tractor type) and let it run down the entire length of the trailer giving it a good wash
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

You could also use Nomads other method and catch fark all! Keeps the boat really clean! :P :angel:
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

cuddlescooper wrote:Pressure cleaner.

On my way back from Dundee I drive down to the Finniss on Hadrcastle road and back the trailer in deep to wash the salt off and flush the motor in pure fresh water. You will get a bit of dust on the trailer on the way out but its better then having salt every where. Just be careful of the croc that lives near by.
I do that at Shady Camp. Works a treat if you don't get the boat back on the trailer properly too.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

dannett wrote:
cuddlescooper wrote:Pressure cleaner.

I do that at Shady Camp. Works a treat if you don't get the boat back on the trailer properly too.

All good in the runoff but wouldn't do it there now as the salt content on thefresh side of the barrage is nearly as high as the hoses at Dundee beach! I drop it into the Mary river bridge billabong on the way home.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

I have a spray bottle in the boat with soapy water , clean as you go
And train your deckies well :P :D
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

I always have a car wash sponge handy to get the blood off straight away
cards
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by cards »

I use “Salt-away” squirty bottle type, after the first soapy wash and then rinse with the hose - I think it’s well worth it.

As for the blood and guts, install a deck wash (if not already) and clean as you go.

I think Bikini Boat Wash at ramps would take off! :D
Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist, while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water - I drank it!

Yours sincerely, The Opportunist!
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

The stuff I use on the boat at home and in the boat from Harveys its called chloriclean for meatworks and fish shops etc. no perfume just a foaming cleanser it is good for 2 or 3 nighters when you need to stay on top of the cleaning or the boat stinks too much.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

After a good drop, I do up a solution of lemon bleach and soap in a bucket . The deckie go to work to give all the blood a quick was clean up. I find the lemon bleach keeps everything fresh especially on overnight trips.

At home I make sure plenty of soap and elbow grease is used inside and out. Usually go with deckies who treat your gear better then their own.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

cuddlescooper wrote:You could also use Nomads other method and catch fark all! Keeps the boat really clean! :P :angel:
You're a hard man cuddles. Hard but fair :lol:
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Was on a charter boat in Sydney 10 years ago and saw the biggest punch up by a captain and a punter over a bit of prawn (bait) on a new charter boats carpet. Skipper (owner) wanted punter to pick it up, punter said for $220 you can clean it at the end of the day. It was on in front of 5 punters Police at the ramp when back.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

Boat - Grab a big bottle of disinfectant from Bunno's and splash this around while your blasting your carpet etc, gets rid of most of the smell and a bit more hygienic especially around the bait board/filleting board. I also use wash and wax with a scourer, seems to shine up the unpainted ali and leave a smooth waxy film all over.

Trailer - Lots of fresh water, forget the red dust.
Chris