Do you guys have regular meetups?

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do you guys have regular meetups?

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

Hi All,

Just wondering if you guys have regular meetups up here by any chance? Whether it be monthly (weekly) or fishing sessions with mates, etc?

Also is there any good fishing clubs you guys go too?

If not, would be good someday to arrange a meetup, fishing trip, BBQ, a few drinks, xmas party, whatever to have a bit of a meet and greet and catch some good fish too :)

What are your thoughts?

Cheers
Robert

Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Do you guys have regular meetups?

Post by Quinntreximon »

They do at the SKI CLUB each month I think. nOT SURE IF THEY STILL DO THOUGH?/
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Yeah we used to meet up each mth but it died off. people were too busy, rather talk on the web, or just didnt like each other :angel:
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Fisherman-Rob wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering if you guys have regular meetups up here by any chance? Whether it be monthly (weekly) or fishing sessions with mates, etc?

Also is there any good fishing clubs you guys go too?

If not, would be good someday to arrange a meetup, fishing trip, BBQ, a few drinks, xmas party, whatever to have a bit of a meet and greet and catch some good fish too :)

What are your thoughts?

Cheers
Robert
G'day mate, in terms of fishing clubs feel free to come along to a Darwin Game Fishing Club monthly catch up to see if that is for you.
We meet the first Tuesday of every month down at the Darwin Trailer Boat Club - our next meeting is actually on the 11th of November though due to Melbourne cup.
we're a pretty friendly bunch and every meeting we try and have a guest speaker talk about something topical that is occurring in the fishing scene up here. :cheers:
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

nomad wrote:Yeah we used to meet up each mth but it died off. people were too busy, rather talk on the web, or just didnt like each other :angel:
Your only allowed there if you finish the burger haha.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

blw wrote:
nomad wrote:Yeah we used to meet up each mth but it died off. people were too busy, rather talk on the web, or just didnt like each other :angel:
Your only allowed there if you finish the burger haha.
008.JPG
009.JPG
:chef2: :drinking5: :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I still cant believe you ate the whole thing :applause:
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

Thanks guys for your responses :)

Yeah actually I ran into Steve (i think it was) the president of the gaming fishing club at the fishing store on the weekend. We talked for ages and even bought the raffle ticket to win that great boat. I am available to pick it up on Friday, no worries :) lol

I will try to make it down on the Tuesday the 11th, cheers for that as well Quinn & Nathan. Hopefully see you guys down there and others as well.
Yeah would definitely be great to have a meet-up with like minded individuals and have a good chin wag, maybe a drink :drinking1: , some food :chef2: and even a bit of a fish :catch: as well if you guys are Keen? Maybe can tee something up the next few weeks or so? What do you guys think?

and OMG!!! Great picture and What a Burger!! Is that up here in Darwin. where is that at? hahaha .. Did you really eat the whole thing? :bow:
You must have your picture and plaque up on their wall as a record breaker :) haha, good job!

Cheers
Robert
blw
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by blw »

Fisherman-Rob wrote:Thanks guys for your responses :)

Yeah actually I ran into Steve (i think it was) the president of the gaming fishing club at the fishing store on the weekend. We talked for ages and even bought the raffle ticket to win that great boat. I am available to pick it up on Friday, no worries :) lol

I will try to make it down on the Tuesday the 11th, cheers for that as well Quinn & Nathan. Hopefully see you guys down there and others as well.
Yeah would definitely be great to have a meet-up with like minded individuals and have a good chin wag, maybe a drink :drinking1: , some food :chef2: and even a bit of a fish :catch: as well if you guys are Keen? Maybe can tee something up the next few weeks or so? What do you guys think?

and OMG!!! Great picture and What a Burger!! Is that up here in Darwin. where is that at? hahaha .. Did you really eat the whole thing? :bow:
You must have your picture and plaque up on their wall as a record breaker :) haha, good job!

Cheers
Robert
Thats at the ski club mate. Sure did finish it haha.