McArthur water quality questioned

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: McArthur water quality questioned

Post by Kadango »

With respect to the header of this post - all I can say is that it is amazing what cr.p can be printed by this so called independent and accurate rag!
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

McArthur River fish now in question ... https://tendersonline2.nt.gov.au/Tender/Details/2186

At least they are looking into the extent of the problem.

Kadango - I have no idea what you are talking about. The NT News has covered the damage done by mining in the Top End, I am not aware that their stories were wrong or scare-mongering.

If investigations show all is well at the McArthur it will be reported here and no doubt the NT News will also do so.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Here's a report commissioned by the King Ash Bay people. There should be a later one (milestone 9) floating around somewhere.

I know that Infofish Services have also been contracted by the mine to do work on the river. Haven't seen that report yet.

Water quality references would only be oblique ones I guess without scientific testing.

http://info-fish.net/king-ash-bay/wp-co ... -small.pdf
Regards
Ronje
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

And people want to cut "green tape"
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Kadango
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Kadango »

I am a lot closer to this than most people Matt - all I am saying is that it is an interesting rendition of the facts in the way it is being reported both in the NT News and on the ABC
In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.