burqas/facial coverings. what do you think?

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

burqas/facial coverings. what do you think?

Post by Plate Size »

burqas/facial coverings.
I am with Abbot on this. ban http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/national/ ... 9684burqas in public places.
why hide a face?
to conceal human face gestures?....we all like to see a person in the eyes while we talk/interact with them, don't we?

There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: burqas/facial coverings. what do you think?

Post by Hemi »

I wear whatever the hell i want so others can to in my opinion, its called a free country..!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

:lol: i would a trust a person in his underwears as in Hemis pics, but not the one on fullbody balaclavah. especially here in Darwin heat :lol:
There is a strange feeling about land-based fishing that lures me back time after time.....by Jarrod Day @ fishingmonthly.com.au
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

It bugs me how the media tends to only report the first half of what he said, after saying he finds it confronting and that he wished it wasnt worn he went on to say the government shouldnt be able to dictate what religious clothing can be worn.

I have a fairly similar opinion, I personally don't like the burqa/hijab but I don't think it should be banned, as long as they can be required to identify themselves when necessary that should be enough I reckon.
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

And just on a side note to this topic, I reckon sen. jackie lambie is an idiot and that all the people who voted her into the senate should be ashamed of themselves.
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

thanks for that insight Ajay. lets make a scene though, if i cover my face in public as a Christian, cops can pull me out. :shock: you look suspicious enough. haha.
if i say i am something "else", they may differ from their actions (legal) , or they maybe tagged as racists or anti this~and~that for doing so.
if you are in Australia, behave like an Australian, i reckon. no covering that faces in public.
at your home, do it by all means...if your hubby allows you.
cheers!
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Burqas are not a requirement of their religion. That's just a media myth. They are a cultural garment. The qoran* just says to dress modestly.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

How about those ridiculous fishing face burqa things people wear? Can we have them banned also? :)
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

AJay wrote:It bugs me how the media tends to only report the first half of what he said, after saying he finds it confronting and that he wished it wasnt worn he went on to say the government shouldnt be able to dictate what religious clothing can be worn.

I have a fairly similar opinion, I personally don't like the burqa/hijab but I don't think it should be banned, as long as they can be required to identify themselves when necessary that should be enough I reckon.
Nailed it in my opinion.
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

Fogazi wrote:Burqas are not a requirement of their religion. That's just a media myth. They are a cultural garment. The qoran* just says to dress modestly.
Yeah it leaves it to interpretation, which is probably why most muslim women in Australia only tend to cover their head/hair and not their face, but its not like wearing the full face covering is hurting anyone so just let them go I reckon.
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

maxpower wrote:How about those ridiculous fishing face burqa things people wear? Can we have them banned also? :)
So long as you have skin cancer banned also :wink:
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

maxpower wrote:How about those ridiculous fishing face burqa things people wear? Can we have them banned also? :)
:D well, I love wearing my frillneck, Australian invention, and lot more versatile. I won't wear it while shopping or while doing banking :lol: strictly for fishing , camping , or any other outdoor works only.
bring_it_on
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bring_it_on »

I'm with maxpower
Plate Size
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Plate Size »

Fogazi wrote:Burqas are not a requirement of their religion. That's just a media myth. They are a cultural garment. The qoran* just says to dress modestly.
explain it to a Taliban, see what they say lol :D
there is 101 quran intepretations, that's why mossies bite mossies. it will never end.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

I reckon some of the Aussie girls I have seen running around in town should be made to wear them
It's hard to work out with some of them whether they fell face first into a tackle box or whether their boyfriend has worked out the easiest way to get his lures carted around LOL
There was a policy that got abolished in the 60's that a lot of Aussies went to war and died for( W.A.P.)that should never have happened
They abolished National Services at the same time, yet all those people that we were keeping out that are here now have to do compulsory national services in their countries
When you think about it, if the sh@t goes down all they need is leaders and we are doomed from within
Hope it never happens but the possibilities are there
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present

Return to “Barramundi Banter”