Project Tinny - $2500 as is

Buy, sell and giveaway. Private sales and FFF sponsors only.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Project Tinny - $2500 as is

Post by jabsy »

Hi,

I have my old tinny to sell, it's way too small for my family and hasn't been used for a while.... I took the floor out some time ago to rewire it, and the termites took a fancy to it... It's booked in to have the carbies cleaned in the next day or two, then I was going to replace the wiring, replace the fuel hose, put a new floor in and put it up for sale.

Anyway the enthusiasm isn't there as much as it should be, so if anybody is interested in it "as is" then I'd be happy with $2500 for it. The trailer is currently unregistered but that is a piece of cake. Apart from the carbies needing a cleanout (from sitting around for so long) it needs a new jockey wheel, battery, floor and wiring, add a sounder and away you go. It was great for crabbing and creeks but definitely not recommended for a family with 4 kids.

Its a solid little boat, trailer is in good nick, it has a live bait tank and a fuel tank of maybe 80 litres or more under the centre console. The canopy is set up so you can walk all the way around the console, with the only support in the way at the transom, and can be lowered for towing/storage. The motor is a 40HP Mariner Magnum, oil injected. Since I've had it i've fitted new trim - both motor and hydraulics, steering cable replaced, and the bearings and hubs haven't seen salt water since being replaced. There's a new winch and spectra wire cable fitted recently.

I'd probably keep it but the bigger boat I bought needs a new sounder/gps and the wife wont let me have any more money, so this one has to fund it. The pics below are from when I bought it, but not much has changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Project Tinny - $2500 as is

Post by mako »

jabsy, what make and model and length is the hull pls ?
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

It's an old quintrex, 4.3m long. No idea what year, from memory it's a fishrunner or something like that. I did find it ok n the net once. My mobile is 0437672106.
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Does it have gunwales all round?
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Nope, no gunwales on the side. Just the fill-in at the transom (live bait tank on one side) and the bow. I had rod holders fitted to the rails.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Looks like a good project boat for the price.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Motor now running, needs a new impeller. (no idea how to do that myself, googled it and looks like too much tomfoolery)
Fogazi
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Fogazi »

Can we get a photo of the inside? I'm after a project boat myself but need to know what I have to work with. May be able to fit some gunwales myself...
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Here you go - 5 spigots all up, but the fitting of the canopy has restricted their use with larger seats. The three inline (bow, console, stern) would have been factory fitted, and the two rear on each side would have been fitted after the canopy. I always sat on the esky to drive, and had another seat or two behind on each side. You can see the location of the bait tank below at the stern on the port side. The paint and stickers on the cowling have faded from the picture above too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.