To big for 4 mile ?

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

To big for 4 mile ?

Post by fff1964 »

Hi Guy's
Looking at heading to 4 mile......Have not been there for years.

Was looking for a bit of advice as i have a 5.6 meter glass boat on tandem trailer.
Wondering if laynching there would be fesiable. :bonk:

All advice welcome thanks :D

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: To big for 4 mile ?

Post by theodosius »

Pretty rough road sometimes and plenty of guys with big boats get bogged at the bank launches and dig everything up. You might be better off hiring a boat than risking damaging yours
ambush
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambush »

hi fff1964
i was at 4mile hole two weeks ago for the BBB, and the biggest boat i saw launch was a 6.5 barcrusher, which now call "bankcrusher". the hardest thing was retrieving it. But in saying that there were 25 boats using the bank ramp within the 2hr window which made it slippery and muddy.
There were also plenty of 5 5.5mtr being launched as well.
I can't see a problem. We used the bank ramp on the right and used 4WD low to retrieve.
One team caught around 38 barra... true story. Biggest caught was a 85cm.
The road out there is great, recently graded, there is road maintenance being done at present on the causeways.

Good Luck mate
S
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

As above, was out there the monday after the comp and the bank although looking chewed up had dried out pretty quick, just put only as much trailer in as needed....we did ok trolling at night a couple of hundred metres either side of the house, also got a few spotlighting at night...use a headlamp spot the fish and fire a cast at em, fun fishing...there's a small clump of pandanus standing alone about 30m off the bank on the first bend as you head up from the ramp got a few jigging around there as well
Just myself and my daughter who'd never fished for barra fished the arvo and night then bailed early, managed about a dozen barra to 72 and a couple of toga
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat