Due North Deckie needed

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Due North Deckie needed

Post by Agent86 »

heading on a trip tomorrow lunch time, back Sunday morn or maybe Sat night depending on fishing

young feller had to pull out unfortunately due to some school stuff, important towards end of year grading!!

Have room for a deckie at short notice to join us in the Rascal II

pm me if interested

cheers

If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Due North Deckie needed

Post by tubbs »

bugger, always at the wrong time... girls are away fishing SWB and im stuck at home with the kids
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

I'm a week out. Got NEXT week and weekend off. :bonk:
Sitting at work now, looking at a glassed off harbour (again!) and waiting for 86 and Jeff to go cruising past. Lucky bastards! :fubird: Tight lines boys! :catch:
Jprbeard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jprbeard »

spewin!
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Well it was good :-)

Just have to download a few pics to make you wish more, lol
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

yes mate a great trip 8) broke my goldie drought
080.JPG
084.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

That's one fat goldie, congrats on a good trip
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Onya boys. I saw some rain on the radar off cape fourcry. Did you get wet?
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

nomad wrote:Onya boys. I saw some rain on the radar off cape fourcry. Did you get wet?
No rain near us Mark,but I think I may have wet my pants while pulling that goldie in
:shock:
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Well it started with a calm trip out of the harbour, didn't have to go too far before we found some Tuna feeding, didn't manage any of those but there were a few small macks, broadbar and spotties hanging around, we managed a couple of those then left em biting to head further.
IMG_5401.JPG
Went straight over South Gutter ,almost ran into a Patrol boat that had the lines out and was trolling down the gutter!
Kept going a bit then pulled up for a troll on a shoal that looked good, had a current line and a heap of bait hanging round, had a sail, good sized one come up beside the boat, look at the lures and slammed one
only a small amount of drag went out, he obviously didn't like the taste and disappeared pretty quick.

we did a couple of laps around there with no more luck so headed off further.
IMG_5406.JPG
It looked beautiful as we came to a regular spot, threw the lines in for a troll, wasn't long before a little Cuda slammed one of the lures.
IMG_5429.JPG
we trolled around a bit more before the lure in the prop wash took off, after a bit of a tussle I managed to subdue the mighty mack and lifted him in by the tail, took a couple of goes as he weighed a little more than first thought.
IMG_5436.JPG
IMG_5443.JPG
Where were they when I tried in the mack round?? another troll and another hookup on the same lure, this one gave Jeff curry for a bit, and we both reckon it was bigger, around 145cm, didn't want to lift him in.
MVI_5444 2 .jpg
MVI_5444 4 .jpg
After catching a couple we had had enough and were buggered, must be getting soft.

went and anchored up for a bottom fish, nothing exciting, I climbed on the back to take a leak, and mentioned being careful about the crocks
he was listening, as no more than 10 metres behind the boat a nice 3.5-4metre one emerged to check us out, I quickly got back inside the boat and Jeff and I looked at each other, unfortunately we weren't quick enough with the camera
but weren't expecting that out in the bluewater offshore a little, haven't seen one there before, just be careful!

we watched the sunset and then headed off to find another spot tp try, after a few stops for nothing, I found some good coral along some contour lines and we had a go for a bit
turned out to be worth it with a coupla nice goldies, Jeff was pretty happy with his, I only managed a 50cm model.
IMG_5455.JPG
we headed up to the mouth of Apsley and had a bit of a kip, next morning cruised up and it was rough again.
IMG_5459.JPG
got to a mark where I have caught a few jew before but no luck, all we could manage were a few Goldies, 2 drops each and we stopped fishing :-)
IMG_5461.JPG
IMG_5464.JPG
the tide started coming in so I headed for a creek and had a flick, got a few small goldies off a little snag, a regular haunt, also saw a couple of small jacks
then managed a nice 60cm Barra
IMG_5465.JPG
cruised a bit further to a regular corner and got a few more small goldies there as well as bream, fun on light gear
then Jeff managed to have a nice 61cm Barra inhale his softie, he was pretty happy with that.
IMG_5470.JPG
we saw another barra just sitting there at one stage, I think it ate my lure and spat it, then had a go at Jeffs a bit later and spat it as well, a lucky fish :)

had a bit more fun in the creek then cruised a bit further up to get the high tide, the little sharks were annoying, lost a few hooks
managed to get one nice Jewie off my Goldie marks though
IMG_5476.JPG
after a bit more of a try and getting sick of the sharks we headed back down the Strait to the jewie spot and another 2 drops we had our bag limit of goldies :wink:
so we went and anchored up near the mouth in the shallows and watched the sunset and had some refreshments :drinking1:
IMG_5478.JPG
Had a good nights sleep, awoke to beautiful conditions and headed back towards Darwin, passing a couple of shoals on the way, we managed a couple of macks, let them go as we had one which was big enough.

There were heaps of trevally feeding on one lump, but we couldn't get them to eat any lures, jigged up a couple of little reefies for fun, had one intercepted by the men in grey suits and hed a bit of fun with a good sized whaler, so we decided to head to the next shoal, it was rough again :titanic:
IMG_5491.JPG
IMG_5493.JPG
we found some mackerel and tuna feeding again out in the beautiful bluewater, had a bit of fun and managed to land a good sized longtail which gave me curry.
IMG_5498.JPG
had a bit more fun playing with them, but managed to get cut off a few times by the razor gang, gave up and headed for home, cruised into the harbour just as the norwester started blowing

another great trip, with great company, in the old Rascal II, will be going back there again soon to do some more exploring

pity no one else could make it. :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Agent86 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Crackalackin!
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

bl..dy rip snorters
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Top trip fellas
You done well
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Ahh, good to see you havent lost your aim with a 130 m cast on the 3kg gear for the tuna!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Got a few more pics ,
049.JPG
064.JPG
067.JPG
088.JPG
091.JPG
099.JPG
101.JPG
098.JPG
:D :D :D , thanks again Dennis great trip mate . You forgot to mention that my Mackie was bigger :mrgreen: