SHEDS...... What options is there?

Jackh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SHEDS...... What options is there?

Post by Jackh »

Gday, i Bought myself a house back in December and unfortunately Im a man of many Hobbies and i only have a 3x3 garden shed. So i got a few quotes on a 6x9m shed, well i nearly fell over when i got the quotes back. Upwards of 30k for a basic colourbond shed. My question is what have people done with their shed that has saved you money and or got you what you wanted for a lot cheaper price? Love to see people's set-ups. Cheers.

nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: SHEDS...... What options is there?

Post by nomad »

Mate
work out exactly what size you need and then double it. or you will regret it in the future.
you will be surprised at the difference in $ for the bigger one
think about doing it yourself or even subing it out.
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Have you looked at kit options, just need to ensure they come with correct coding and certification etc as required, nomads right regarding size

you can probably find handy helpers with tools etc on here who work for cash if they arent fishing

Good luck cheers Craig
Jackh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Jackh »

Yeah no problems doing it myself. I'm not a builder but im a mech engineer by trade so id be able to put it up by myself. I only really have the space for a 6x6 or 11x4 or similar. Just the kit alone for the 6x9 was 12k. Any concreter's on here that could give a rough price on a slab?
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I would say you would be looking at about 8 k for slab, depending on ground works required.
Working on nomads theory I would say work out how long you think it will take you to put it up and double it. Coaded kit she'd are a bitch to put up. Soo much bracing etc.
check out wide bay sheds. They used the cheapest kit sheds.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Also allow money for council permits etc if doing a kit shed. Probably best to go to a draftsman to organise permits, block plans etc. if not sure your self
Finatic2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Finatic2 »

pm sent
Fish stories told here....some true !!!

When in doubt...exaggerate !!
TNS1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by TNS1 »

Brought my shed from wide span few months ago, it's a 9m x 15m & 4.2m high at the apex. Enclosed on all sides with a 5m wide roller door… cost $17,500 delivered. For a 6m x 9m around 12k/13k sounds reasonable. Shed came with stamped engineered plans coded for Darwin region. They have a deal up hear with A local certifier so all went smoothly. For a 6x9 slab $6k should be all you pay (depending on slab prep), the concrete even at 300 a cube would still only be around 2K.