New FISH FINDER book

North Australian FISH FINDER TM is printed again in 2024.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

New FISH FINDER book

Post by Matt Flynn »

New FISH FINDER book is nearing completion, if anyone has noticed mistakes/omissions/changing status issues or any other suggestion that might be helpful I am all ears ... any suggestions used I'll send a book, or lure, upon publication. Send any messages to [email protected]

liddsy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New FISH FINDER book

Post by liddsy »

GPS spots to get me a bl..dy metrey.......
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Might be better off with a banana detector ...
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

All can say is books are great but I reckon an edition for each state would be best, as all in one is just to cumbersome and I only fish in NT, would be happy to buy additional bibles if going either east or west as needed for those travelling around aussie buy all 3
just my thoughts anyway

cheers Craig
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

PS PM me Matt for my free edition and lure address details

LOL

cheers Craig
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Soon you will need a wheelbarrow to carry your fishfinder book and several lifetimes to try every spot... :lol:
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

I would like to see a few pages dedicated to fish species. And a few handy notes like, good eating, good bait, spines to watch out, may be sigaterria poison for etc.

I also like the State idea, but I'm sure there's negatives for this business wise.
Wadescott
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Wadescott »

a digital version would be the go!
JimmyTaylor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JimmyTaylor »

Hey Matt

Have you included the newly found wreck that was located by the pipe layers working for inpex..... supposedly produces some big jew fish. Don't know the GPS co-ords as yet, but working on it.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Matt Flynn wrote:New FISH FINDER book is nearing completion
Ahh shite, just bought the current one a week ago....
craig.g wrote:All can say is books are great but I reckon an edition for each state would be best, as all in one is just to cumbersome and I only fish in NT
Yep even just a NT-based one, bugger everybody else.
ambush
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambush »

Hey Matt,
if you do consider the book state by territory, consider a spiral bind, so you when you want a particularly page you can fold the page on itself, so it doesn't split the book. Not sure if the current fish finder could handle a spiral bind due to the amount of pages.
cheers S
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

Matt Flynn wrote:New FISH FINDER book is nearing completion, if anyone has noticed mistakes/omissions/changing status issues or any other suggestion that might be helpful I am all ears ... any suggestions used I'll send a book, or lure, upon publication. Send any messages to [email protected]
Hi Matt, arghh your kidding. I Just bought the Fish Finder Book this week! I even asked the guy behind the counter and they said it came this year and wont be updated for at least a year or two! Bugger.

For my suggestions to you .. It would be great to list the best and latest lures for Barramundi and the main fish that take that type of lures. As it is very overwhelming to see the thousands of different lures and i already spent over $200+ the first time around, and later on they said they were all the wrong types of lures, argh. now slowly buying the right type. but help would be great in regards to what they are and the types of styles for the different types of fish.

Would be great to have more information for Land based fisherman as well, as looks like only one page (p.46) is dedicated to the Darwin Region in regards to spots. would be great to see more information on land based fishing considering anywhere you go in Darwin land based you can catch great fish and big ones too. Not every state can say that!

It would be great to have a copy in Electronic format or PDF, so can use it on your Phone, android/ipad, computer, etc. Very handy when you are out in the field and reference the material at your finger tips.

A BIG part of fishing correctly and successfully is understanding the TIDES! Spring Tides, Neap Tides, High/Low Tides, even the King Tides, etc. A Full explanation on the tides and how to read the BOM or other tide charts sites and knowing and planning the best course of action on when to target specific fish and more importantly at the Correct tide times would be fantastic! Also cover the Moon's different phases as well, quarter moon, half moon, no moon, full moon, etc As that impacts on the fishing habits as well. As im still trying to understand it more thoroughly as well.

To have full explanation on how to jig for livebaits and the correct techniques to use, etc.

More explanation of how to setup your different types of rigs and knots would be great. the 'Slim beauty' knot, etc would be great.

A full page(s) dedicated on how to Spool up your reel correctly with placing monofilament down first, with the correct knot, then attached the mono to braid line with Improved Albright or Slim Beauty knot, etc. (or whichever knots you deem correct).

Would be great to see a link or writeup so people can go to a internet site and look up further information as well. example ; to see video on animated knots or setup of rigs, etc.
Also will keep the book more up to date as well, with the latest changes etc.

An NT Specific copy would be great and then you will have the opportunity to include so so much more for the NT waterways and fishing habits, etc.
if other states were sperate, i would buy them as well.

Also what about Victoria??? you missed the Garden State with its excellent snapper, king george whiting, flathead, etc. Would be great to see that state write up as well.

Wow! that's heaps of suggestions ... Hopefully get a chance to get the free copy of fish finder as well :) haha

Cheers
Robert
bring_it_on
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bring_it_on »

you for real fisherman bob…you must be with inpex
Fisherman-Rob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fisherman-Rob »

bring_it_on wrote:you for real fisherman bob…you must be with inpex
very vague statement!? What makes you say that bring it off? are you with Inpex?
bring_it_on
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bring_it_on »

just a wild guess…i wouldn't be able to pass the drug and alco test