Stainless Steel Crab Pots

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
disco
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stainless Steel Crab Pots

Post by disco »

Hi everyone. Never had an issue getting crabs in NQ and never had a issue crabbing in my mates boat. Since he left and I got my own boat I have caught a total of one crab for 5 trips.

It suddenly occurred to me that it may be the tools rather than the tradesmen. I bought 3 of those stainless steel pots for $25 off that guy who sells them at the field of dreams on the edge of palmerston. They seems pretty good quality. But I wondered if maybe the crabs can't get in, or can get out easy.

But most likely a poor skipper

I was going to get a couple of the rope ones from BCF but I thought I would ask the forum - has anyone used the same type that I have been? Any issues?

www.tidesandtrails.com
My camping and fishing stories, including some cool locations
Instagram: tidesandtrails
tubbs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Stainless Steel Crab Pots

Post by tubbs »

I use the same pots.

I don't usually have an issue putting crabs in them. The crabs do seem to have gone a bit hit and miss in the last month or so but I still managed a decent feed Saturday arvo. most of the blokes I fish with now use the same pots as well and they usually seem to get a decent feed.
springs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by springs »

The box ones from Kmart are the best $10
littlemack3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by littlemack3 »

I just use the BCF ones replace when they have 4 pack deals on never had problems with them but may have a look at these Kmart ones for 10 bucks wont hurt as much when they get pinched or mud gecko decides to play with it but crabs have been very scarse of late over in the gulf