HDS7 Help

craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

HDS7 Help

Post by craig.g »

Hi guys, my HDS7 touch has started playing up, basically GPS functions fine but as a sounder it starts OK but after 30-40min stops reading depths, done it last 2 trips, had a look at connections/transducers between last 2 outings and could not find a fault, that doesn't mean there isn't one!
Was hoping someone who is going out soon with same unit would be willing to take mine for a spin to make sure issue is with unit or at least advise if its OK and must be an issue elsewhere in my boat.
This way I would have full confidence if I have to send unit away that there is an issue with sounder, it seems to run extremely hot to me but when I earlier mentioned this to IOB they were not concerned.

any help greatly appreciated - I am in northern suburbs.

cheers Craig

seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: HDS7 Help

Post by seano »

Hey mate- ill test it out for ya. MSG me on FB
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Loose transducer being pushed up? I figure if it was you would have noticed, but hey ...
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Nah definetly not Matt but thanks anyway

will do Seano

cheers Craig
Bubba34
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Bubba34 »

My HDS9 had the same problem. I contacted NAVICO and informed them of the problem. I sent it to them for assessment they found a problem and they sent back a new unit. I did not go through the dealer as the turn around was going to be greater. They where very professional and prompt. Call them first though.
littlemack3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by littlemack3 »

Had same problem with hds5 and 7 it is a common problem have you installed latest software updates some have been lucky with that I was with the hds 5 otherwise I would have to just switch off and back on or factory restore hasn't happend since I updated software mr Google may come up with more souloutions plenty of info on there mate
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fff1964 »

Check your battery if charge drops my hds would not read on side scan down scan till started motor and charged battery.....

battery had dropped a cell was on the way out.