5m origin axis

barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

5m origin axis

Post by barnzy »

Hi all.
I'm currently keeping an eye out for a new boat. Bit of both, barra and reef boat.
I like the look of the 5m axis from origin boats. I'm just a bit worried if they are bit short for the chop out wide. Does anyone own that could fill me in.

Cheers

boof dog
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 5m origin axis

Post by boof dog »

Hi Barnzy,
Don't own one but went for a quick blat in a 5 origin up in north QLD. My thoughts?....... bl..dy awesome!! I could rant on about the design, heritage and top build quality but if you are considering buying one, then you should already know that. As far as being too short in the chop..... well maybe you need something bigger!
Don't know if there is too many in the NT though.
I'd rather be 'Up North' than 'Up Set'
Sweaty
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sweaty »

I have a mate that brought a custom built 9 mtrs one, but can't really compare that to anything on the market. .

But when it comes to there 5 mtrs models there are alot of issues on the transom with incorrect plate used and skipping out on a quality. If you google a few fishing forums in QLD you should be able to find the correct info your looking for.

Want a honest built boat where the actually builder will speak to you the whole time, go see George at NT Unique in Yarrawonga.
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Cheers for the info guys. Where abouts in nth Queensland Boof dog? I'm originally from Tully nth Queensland.
boof dog
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boof dog »

In Townsville, I am not from QLD but was over there picking up a boat a few years ago.
Tully is very nice (when its not raining) spent nearly 12 months driving all over QLD. Mostly the far north! Cape York is great, we ended up buying a house in Cooktown, thinking we might settle there one day
in the future!!!
Good luck finding your new boat
I'd rather be 'Up North' than 'Up Set'
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Nice boats i hope ur not in a rush i payed my build deposit 13 months ago and nothing! I pulled the pin got tired of waiting. NT unique boats are very nice aswell
barnzy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by barnzy »

Yer iv been looking at the NT custom boats. Any idea on a rough price of a 5.5? I notice the have the eliminator model and the premier model
jdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jdog »

Go talk to george he seemed a good bloke happy to show me around. Dont quote me but id say in the 60's on a good trailer.
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

I have one......no quality issues with mine.