IPilot vs Motorguide

tissy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: IPilot vs Motorguide

Post by tissy »

Minn Kota way to go, i have a 55lb
On spot lock its lucky to move 5ft and if there was enough tide to move it more would find it hard to beleive that the motorguide would hold you any better.
Minn Kota are good on the battey's i use a 60A/H battery and i get all day fishing in tidal rivers fishing with three people trolling and casting, 8-10hrs of use and still going.
Had mine for a 1.5 years no problems never use an anncor again

Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Yep, agree with Tissy, battery power on the MK is awesome also. I also have the 55lbs MK, mine with a 120ah gel battery. Does about 20 hours of work. Went out for a three dryer and still had juice left after trolling and spot locking all days... They are real misers on the juice. :mrgreen:
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
palaran
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by palaran »

Got I-pilot 80lb
Had it for 3.5 years and no problems.
Have two remote controls in case one goes down out wide. You can program a few into the head.
It's 5 feet for spot lock. Like all Satelite operated machinery there is inherent error with this type of technology and you have to consider wind, tides etc and once you have some hours on the pilot you know how she responds.
Would never fish without I-pilot again.
You catch much more fish as it opens up so much more opportunities.
LIFE EVOLVES ON THE EDGE
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

ihave had a motorguide for years 55lb and no problems, had my wireless one knocked off and got a new one with spot lock on it
have used it a couple of times and it has been amazing

first trip to the blue holes and Vernons with big tides and fairly strong winds and kept the boat in position easily
have a fairly old 70AH deep cycle battery and it ran the motor for at least 6 hours as I putted round the place in all modes and speeds, was still going at the end of the day.

nice n quiet too!

be using it again out there tomorrow :-)
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!