East arm boat ramp?

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Jprbeard
Gold Member
Gold Member

East arm boat ramp?

Post by Jprbeard »

Has anyone been fishing at the east arm boat ramp?

I work right near there and it looks like it could be alright when the tide is in. Could be worth a look when it's knock off time.

Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: East arm boat ramp?

Post by Swoffa »

good for barra and salmon on the left hand side on the lower part of the tide.
Good on the right hand side for bream and trevors when the tide is up
Haven't seen too many fish caught off the pontoon but that is not to say that it wouldn't fish well.

Only way to find out is to give it a go.

Cheers
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Swoffa wrote:good for barra and salmon on the left hand side on the lower part of the tide.
Good on the right hand side for bream and trevors when the tide is up
Haven't seen too many fish caught off the pontoon but that is not to say that it wouldn't fish well.

Only way to find out is to give it a go.

Cheers
Almost every spot holds fish of some sort. Plenty of people write off a spot that others find a sure thing.
I Wish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by I Wish »

Can't make it too easy. You just have to spend the time to suss a place out.
marshy86
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by marshy86 »

Went for a fish the other night and forgot the bug spray! Lasted one cast before I had to give in, midgeys are rife so don't forget the spray.
Seen a couple small crocs (2-2.5m) around there too so keep the eyes peeled.
Fishing is generally good down there, have found the queenies hang on the opposite side to the breaking water of the pontoon, so the calm side. Bream hanging tight to the rocks. Nothing massive caught there but fun none the less!
Jprbeard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jprbeard »

Yea i had a look there yesterday after work. Don't think the tide was right but i was casting a few plastics and lures all around on the left and right hand side of the ramp. Its so easy for me to get there after work it would be silly for me not to spend 30 mins almost every day to have a look.

There were several people there when i was there and they looked like they were setting themselves for a solid session.

Im still recovering from the midgeys i encountered at buff creek got me all around the ankles so every time i put socks on they fire up.
I Wish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by I Wish »

Yeah the midgies will get into every hole and crevice and hammer you. A guy here at work got bitten by them a few weeks back and you should have seen his reaction to them!. They blew up like boils!

Even when you lather on the bushmans you can still see them sticking to the stuff.
liddsy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by liddsy »

you don't have to catch record breakers every trip or I never grew up one of the two. Every second you fish there is a CHANCE of catching something, sure stops you thinking about other shite
MY simple equation in my boat or land based.... FISH live in WATER