Crabs and scales at Leaders Creek

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
tucker85
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Crabs and scales at Leaders Creek

Post by tucker85 »

G'Day All,

Went for a fish last Sunday with the missus and threw a few crab pots around too, see how things went :)

I didn't time things well to start with (had been a while since I went crabbing) and a couple of pots ended up on the bank. Wasn't too bad as it gave a nice feed of chicken wings to a local hawk :lol: Also had a lazy lizard interested in a couple too! Cheeky bugger!

So after a few corrections, managed to get the pots below water level and snuck off towards the mouth to soak some baits. :fishing:

Got teased all day by little goldies, ock-ock and powertails! Did manage a nice salmon though, love a good feed of salmon :)

Went back and collected the pots and got a couple of good bucks too, so all in all a nice haul for me and the missus for a feed! Got a heap of little crabs too, all around 10cm - which is always fun to get out of the net. Man they can get tangled up! But they all made it back to the water to grow a few more cm

Missus is great guns with manoeuvring the massive 4.5m bulk that the rig is, so now all I need is to teach her backing of the trailer and it's sitting back and beers for me!! :cheers:

Have a good one!

Cheers,

Tucks

P.S. Worst part of the day was when we were collecting the pots we saw that a sea eagle had been shot by some f*ck knuckle with a crossbow or arrow.. Got a couple of picture, and going to report it to the rangers too. Unfortunately there isn't much can be done, but if the party involve would like to chat about it I'd be happy to educate them?? Karma is coming for them...
It was in the paper today as well, so hopefully word gets out to them...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'Tight Lines!'
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Crabs and scales at Leaders Creek

Post by balou »

Good to hear that you and mrs had a great day on the water.

The poor bird was shot about 3-4 months ago and there's a post about it on here. There was talks of a rescue mission planned with wildlife rangers and Brian from leaders but don't think it eventuated.
tucker85
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tucker85 »

Wow, the big rig is going well to still be flying aroud! He'd be tough to get to...
'Tight Lines!'
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Poor thing but I think it will die if the arrow was remove now. I tried feeding it a couple times with a gutted power tail and pillies but it really weary of boats