NEW BOAT! What to pick?

googz
Seadog
Seadog

Re: NEW BOAT! What to pick?

Post by googz »

i know of a 490 top ender going cheap in jabiru.

slamminsam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slamminsam »

A mates got a 5m Makocraft and it's a very nice boat. I just bought a 5.2m Stessl Barra Boss - very similar but I just wanted something a bit bigger for overnighters and the blue.
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

Mate, if you are after a relatively good deal and want something that suits both worlds (barra, cabbing and blue water), this bloke is selling a good number. Not new, but at least it has all the fruit and gets you where you want to go. Worth a look I reckon. I'd buy, but I recently upgraded from a 445 hornet myself. $10,000 you can't beat that! http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lyons/mo ... 1049847330
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
Mameishacllu

Post by Mameishacllu »

Look at the IOBM Renegade 460 sc with offshore well...resale counters the price tag. Deeper than the trophy and options for raised front casting deck covers billabongs, estuaries and creeks. Blade hull excellent for the chop and body roll swell in the blue. Looked at the Formosa classics and there are good similarities as well as the 455 piranha. Just came down to preference...good luck
sponginator

Post by sponginator »

I own a Renegade 460 with a yammy 60 on the back, love it, iv had it 40km offshore of port hedland here and i know i could get me home even if it turned to cr.p, does 55kmh flat out and a full 8 hr day with max rpm of 5300 i only used 21lt of fuel. quite stable but with only one person in it it moves around a little bit, when i go out alone i just chuck the esky on the other side of the boat (Side console) and fill up the live bait tank for an extra 40kg
definantely cant compete with a full on plate boat though, renegade is only designed with creeks and light inshore in mind though, goes good though i love it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

mippa wrote:barney the hornet trophies aren't good in the blue mate they are too nose heavy and u get jammed. something around 4.8-5m is good for both blue and rivers.
I have no issues with a heavy nose on my hornet trophy and have done a fair bit of blue water in it.
Even been to the crocodile islands and through the hole in the wall. Just need to drive to the conditions.