Trim and Tilt

mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Trim and Tilt

Post by mippa »

This is in no way, shape or form a thread to bag out local businesses more so it pays to think outside the box.

The top seal recently went on my Suzuki trim and tilt reservoir tank. I called up a local shop and was quoted round $280 as you couldn’t buy just the seal, you had to buy the reservoir tank which came with the seal. After looking online I could get it from the USA for about $180 delivered. Stuff this, it’s only a bl..dy seal. So I went to a local hydraulic shop with the old seal and tank and after a few measurements they could order the same seal but one that also has a metal ring inside to make it stronger and has a dust cover (main reason these seals go) So for only a few bucks I’ll be back on the water and not close to $300 out of pocket.

Like I said I’m not bagging local businesses but have a think about things before you whip out the credit card. B.O.A.T. doesn't have to stand for Bring On Another Thousand
:mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trevor schultz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Trim and Tilt

Post by trevor schultz »

You are the man Mippa !!!
mippa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mippa »

hahaha GOTD Trev!!
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Cheers for the tip Mippa.
That is the way I like to do things as the more you work on your engine the more confident you get at attempting a repair.
You can get most seals and O rings from an aftermarket supplier.
What's the worst thing that could happen, the seal leaks again.
If it doesn't you save heaps.