Room for improvement ...leaders creek.

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Room for improvement ...leaders creek.

Post by nomad »

I suppose an easy solution would be to get him to install a vhf radio so we can call him up as we come back

Also a few calls to him to tell him to have a look at the comments on the forum

the ball is then in his court

rodney
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rodney »

I too have had issues with service waiting 15-30 min to be pulled out the missues has had to go up and let them know we are waiting 50% of the time. :bricks:
After many years of paying for the service (2-3 times a month) I have started using SWA.
Not long ago Brian was having a go at a few blokes who did not use his service and launched and retreived them selves, maybe next time I will ask if I can give him 10bucks to park the car and trailer in his compound and do the rest myself.
Hemi
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Hemi »

I havent been to leaders for a while now.... And hearing all the negative comments im not going to bother going either....
Plenty of other fishing spots to enjoy...

Hope the owner is reading these comments... Need to lift their game or rack off and let someone decent do it..
"Bite off more than you can chew - Then chew like hell.." - PETER BROCK.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

He has no right to have a go at people launching and retrieving themselves on a PUBLIC ramp! Sometimes I go down only for 2-3hrs and it's not worth paying for the service. I left my boat there once overnight (after self launching) and went fishing the next day using the service and was charged $40- it's hardly worth it.
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

nomad wrote:I suppose an easy solution would be to get him to install a vhf radio so we can call him up as we come back

Also a few calls to him to tell him to have a look at the comments on the forum

the ball is then in his court
Great idea about the VHF radio Nomad . Something as simple an air horn hanging from a high branch might work as well. Getting up 15 minute before opening will be great also.

I look at the web site last night and Brian has invested a bit of capital on doing the place up. Looks like he trying to turn it into resort setup similar to Dundee lodge. I have no issue with this concept but they need to improve on their customer service . The launch service will surely be his bread and butter.
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

X2 re:VHF
Ovo616
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ovo616 »

As much as I've not used his service's as much as most of you guys.
Me and a largish group have stayed there for 3-4days a time for the last 2 years on our yearly trip, haven't had any problems with the service, yes we have to send some one up to say that we're ready to be taken out, but short of uhf/airhorn idea i can only think of a CCTV set up pointed out to the left of the ramp to help with guys comming back, other then that I can't see how he is meant to keep a constant eye of returning boats if he's also doing grounds keeper/maintains on the camp grounds.

the other thing that would make the place lost better and safer would be a floating pontoon to make it easier for those having to disembark or go and park their own car's would also help keep the ramp free, but not sure on the engineering side of being able to do such a thing with the crazy tides/flows you guys have up there.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Kai might have a spare pontoon next wet :twisted:
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Balou don't use that resort word to loosely, Dundees no resort, no where to hang a one star rating...
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Dundee isn't bad mate, it's probably the best place to stay around Darwin fishing wise. Leaders you just get smashed all night by mozzies and midgies. Just out of curiosity why do you always rip on the lodge?
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

Dundee Hombre wrote:Balou don't use that resort word to loosely, Dundees no resort, no where to hang a one star rating...
But you don't have an issue with digging through there bin to make some side cash!! Does the tax get his bit as well?
----------------------------
-----------------------------
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Apparently it's the lodges fault for everything and they talk up the fishing! Obviously no good for the environment . This is basically the info I got from DH in a Pm. So when DH is talking down the fishing it's because he doesn't want you there (saving the environment)
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

Think he's got too much time on his hands, with or without the lodge that place would be busy.
Isn't he mates though with the tractor drivers and wanted to buy the business a year or so ago? Lol bit hypocritical

Yeah balou, doesn't mind making a buck off them though
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Good to see hombre is still sh.t stirring and getting under people's skin.

Should be afew people using leaders service this weekend with these neaper tides.

Any care to provide feedback , hopefully positive.
newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newfisherman »

I used leaders creek ramp yesterday, service was great, getting in was super fast, and getting out was pretty quick, one boat launched and 2 retrieved before me and I was out in 10 minutes, I have never had a problem with the service, and to top off a fun day on the water, two graders had fixed much of the road, so it was a super smooth drive home!