Bynoe Quicky

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Bynoe Quicky

Post by mac10 »

Hi guys, haven't done a report for a long time.

After taking the family camping for the first part of the Easter Weekend I thought I'd sneak out for a quick fish to Bynoe. Having a mate up here who was keen for a fish we headed out to a spot I haven't fished for years. poop tides for the area but as it turned out we did ok. We managed about 10 Barras up to about 65 for the afternoon, most of which were sight casted in extremely tight country. We lost about the same again.
About then we realised we didn't bring the snags for dinner so off came the sides of a 55cm barra, now, up a creek eating the freshest of fresh Barra burgers, thats what I call living!

We headed out to a Fishfinder mark that I've never fished before. To be honest I've never done very well on any marks in Bynoe, but our luck held out and we ended up with Jew every drop and the odd Goldie to throw in. They were only small Jew but there must have been hundreds of them. After catching our 2 each and unsuccessfully releasing another (I still feel like shiit), we moved off the mark to find some shallow water to hopefully find more Gold.

This didn't eventuate so we enjoyed about 100 gold cans each and a good sleep before chasing more Barra's in the creek in the early morning. This proved a bit tough as I pulled the hooks on a 70 odd first cast, then missed a couple more.

In the end we pulled out of Keswick about 8am, home and cleaned up, filleted fish etc by Midday. Lovely short and fairly sweet outing to the beautiful Bynoe Harbour.

Thanks for reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Bynoe Quicky

Post by Swoffa »

Hey Mac,
great report and great fishing...

Bynoe is a great place. Thanks for the report.

Cheers

Warren
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
Polycrafty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Polycrafty »

Nice work, fistful of Barra 8)
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Good trip mate and good on ya for moving on chasing other stuff when the bag limit was reached.
Fish_finatic
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Fish_finatic »

Hey Mac,

Thanks for the report, sounds like fun.

What's the road like into Keswicks at the moment?
ozlad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ozlad »

Awesome report. Nothing better than sight casting a barra and watching it slam your lure.
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by mac10 »

Thanks guys, road in is in good nick, a couple of washouts but otherwise the really good, no corrugations.
Chris
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Great report!
ambush
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambush »

great reading, nice pics. Glad to see people are moving on and changing their target fish. Go the FFF spots